Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i have an 89 civic with a d16y7 with a 14b mitsu tubo that was on the first generation eclipses and talons i want to forge my internals any idea on what brands?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks tips.... been there done that... all the companies say the same thing... i want someone that has used the parts and are satisfied with them... its all tuned right now for the stock internals... but im guessing their washed..

Man you have a 91 hatch?

·
Registered
65 Posts
since you said your car has been already tuned, im curious for the numbers you came upon. and all you need are stronger rods and pistons and your set for reliablility.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
since you said your car has been already tuned, im curious for the numbers you came upon. and all you need are stronger rods and pistons and your set for reliablility.
i honesly have no idea... it was tuned before i bought it... im also using chrome

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
137 Posts
i bought eagle rods and wiseco pistons for my build but i havent even started yet haha but seems like they both got some good reviews cost me about 730 for the both of them

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i bought eagle rods and wiseco pistons for my build but i havent even started yet haha but seems like they both got some good reviews cost me about 730 for the both of them
thats crazy man.... i priced out eagle rods and custom je pistons for 1100.... and i found a kit online eagle rods and nippon pistons? 550

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We can get you what you need as well for a pretty good price. I would think about staying around stock compression maybe even a little higher. Wiseco is fine JE/SRP if you want to save a buck
why would i want stock compression or higher? not very reliable with a car thats going to be pushing 25psi??

and the JE/eagle rod kit is 1100 here in canada?? how is that saving a buck if its more then wiseco?

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
137 Posts
We can get you what you need as well for a pretty good price. I would think about staying around stock compression maybe even a little higher. Wiseco is fine JE/SRP if you want to save a buck
dam wish i would have went to you guys first to support site sponsor....i to have herd good things about SRP

·
Registered
575 Posts
why would i want stock compression or higher? not very reliable with a car thats going to be pushing 25psi??

and the JE/eagle rod kit is 1100 here in canada?? how is that saving a buck if its more then wiseco?
If your tuner is competent then you will have no issues with higher compression. But the fun factor will be there better throttle response and more power through out the powerband. As for the pistons depends on who you get them from.....

Also if your going to push that kind of psi I hope to god its not from that little turbo if so thats a no go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no,no ill have to get a better turbo... im going greddy later on

·
Registered
575 Posts
no,no ill have to get a better turbo... im going greddy later on
That still will not do 25psi and if it did the heat generated from that thing being out of its efficiency will be un real. Unless your going 18G. Learn how to read a compressor map and do alot of research it will help you out alot. We are always here to help as well so feel free to PM me if you have any questions I dont mind that one bit.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
^ A dude free spooling his 15g with the wastegate removed and flapper shut only managed to get 18 psi. Nevermind heat, the thing won't even reach 25 psi.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hello im not going to be running the turbo i have now???? later on my goal is 25 psi

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
ukanhazalearned?

hello im not going to be running the turbo i have now???? later on my goal is 25 psi
He wasn't talking about your 14b.

Btw do some searching and look around at build threads. This is a very generic question that you should be able to come to a conclusion about by yourself.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.