Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
EG Hatch
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought some Timken bearings a year or two ago and I'm finally getting around to swapping them out and putting on extended studs.
The bearings I have are too fkkn big.

Parts geek here says they're all the same and, since I'm a retard, took their word for it and bought them.

RockAuto, whom I failed to check the first time around, says there are two different specs... Si version
regular

But, I can't find any other parts catalogs that say the bearings are different..
I figure that they obviously must be different but, I rolled a natural 1 on my search check and can't find anything to confirm what RA says.

I'd like to use the best wheel bearings possible.. I figure Timken or Koyo are near the top of that list but, I'm having trouble finding the proper spec bearing from them. Or anyone, really..

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yeah, you'll be fine with a Timken bearing. I ALMOST ended up in your shoes with an incorrect sized wheel bearing on my EX; until after a bit of research I found out they were indeed different sizes.

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
I thought 92-93 had smaller dx brakes and 94-95 had the larger Ex brakes. I guess it boils down to 94-95 is if they have ABS.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
only the EX got the integra sized brakes, even my 97 del sol Si has the smaller 9" front rotors.

(and it all goes out the window if they have ABS)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts