Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just recently picked up a d16y8 cylinder head,and after getting everything together and setting the timing on the motor i noticed the head is a 95,and the rear cam cover says p08. With that said im not sure if the head is set at tdc,seeing how its a p2j head,with p08 tdc marks for the cam.

Mainly im asking if the cylinder head tdc marks are the same on the d16y8,and the d16z6.
Or if someone could post up a picture of their d16y8 cylinder head with or without the cam gear,set at tdc so i can look at the marks.

Cliffnotes:
Its 95 p2j cylinder head
d16y8 cam gear
d16z6 rear cam gear cover(has the horizontal tdc marks)

·
Registered
435 Posts
there is no such thing as 95 d16y8 head all you have to do is line the marks up level with the surface of the head

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
there is no such thing as 95 d16y8 head all you have to do is line the marks up level with the surface of the head
so your saying no 1996 Models were sold in 1995?

I'll give you a chance to rethink that, I'm looking at a 2009 Toyota next week on a dealer lot.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes,its is a 95,i will take a picture,it shouldnt be that hard to believe. But as for the timing its just a little tricky since its on the car and i can see perfectly.P;us im use to just using the lines,but since there for a d16z6 i wasnt sure if they were th same.

·
Registered
435 Posts
it may have been sold in late 95 but d16y8 only came on the 96-00 models if you misunderstood my point sorry

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Yes,its is a 95,i will take a picture,it shouldnt be that hard to believe. But as for the timing its just a little tricky since its on the car and i can see perfectly.P;us im use to just using the lines,but since there for a d16z6 i wasnt sure if they were th same.
Just because it was cast in mid 1995 doesn't mean it's NOT a 96-00 style head

it may have been sold in late 95 but d16y8 only came on the 96-00 models if you misunderstood my point sorry
I fully understood, but the OP doesn't.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just because it was cast in mid 1995 doesn't mean it's NOT a 96-00 style head

I fully understood, but the OP doesn't.
Yes i do,it just means that its a early 96 civic ex head. The only thing that is troubling me is that it had a p28 rear cam cover instead of a p2j,so i was not sure if the timing marks are the same on the y8 and z6.

Anyways i got it on the car and running,but when i went and test drove it, it dies,and once i get the light is when it cuts off.It also misses through out driving,or if i have it still and let it idle at say 3200 rpm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts