Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car revs endlessly in park, when you're in gear you don't notice until full stop. The car lurches with the idle while in gear. The engine is a d15b7. Anyone know the cause? 4 speed auto! Thanks!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,308 Posts
a search? maybe do the idle relearn? maybe bleed coolant? maybe troubleshoot the fsm?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,308 Posts
how do you attempt and fail at bleeding coolant?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is it running rich? I had a similar problem a while back, and the vacuum line to the map sensor was not attached. Does it feel like it bogs at wot?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The line is there but shes looking a little rough. Im going to get it checked out tommorow. Only had the car a few hours

·
Registered
1995 Civic hatch
3 Posts
Im having a similar issue with my b7 minus being an automatic, first start up sounds great but then it idle surges really bad, and after i get going and get down the road when the clutch goes in, and im come to a stop the idle surge is real bad, bwaaaa ba bwaaaa ba bwaaaaa ba bwaaa ba etc...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im having a similar issue with my b7 minus being an automatic, first start up sounds great but then it idle surges really bad, and after i get going and get down the road when the clutch goes in, and im come to a stop the idle surge is real bad, bwaaaa ba bwaaaa ba bwaaaaa ba bwaaa ba etc...
Identical problem, will update when i find the real issue

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sometimes the plenum on Hondas get warped over time. But it would be more of a mild surge. Did you by chance check tps?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
It is most often caused by a vacuum leak. The ECU is trying to lower the RPMs to the proper idle, and it cant get it low enough.

I have a thread around here about how to fix honda idle.

Reactions: FarmerD

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Its a vacuum leak of some kind.

Idle motor bypassing air. Throttle blade miss adjusted, throttle cable too tight, PCV valve stuck open, cracked/missing vacuum line, torn brake booster diaphragm, bad injector o rings, FITV loose, etc... lots and lots of ways to get air in there, your best bet is a smoke test to see where the air is coming in from. Most shops can do this in 1 hour or less and then advise you what is leaking so you can fix it if you so wish!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.