Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need to replace some blown speakers in my civic - I'm not an audio guy but after I have installed several cd players - I just can't find a list of actual speaker sizes for an EX Coupe with the upgraded AR package w/ the tweeters in the doors - Any thoughts?

I thought they were
6 3/4 - rear deck
6 1/2 components with tweeters - front door

does that sound right? does anybody know for sure?

Thanks

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rexinre - I went to crutchfield and the problem I have with their site is they don't differentiate the civic ex from the rest - so I did their instant chat deal with some tech and he said that even though it came w/ 6.5s in the rear deck aftermarket 6.5s won't fit - I think it's cause the stock speakers had a 3 screw mount and the after markets have a 4 screw mount - so I have to order an adapter and purchase 5.25s. That's seems stupid but I guess as long as I still have the 6.5s up front it will be fine...

thanks

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
jb2178 said:
Rexinre - I went to crutchfield and the problem I have with their site is they don't differentiate the civic ex from the rest - so I did their instant chat deal with some tech and he said that even though it came w/ 6.5s in the rear deck aftermarket 6.5s won't fit - I think it's cause the stock speakers had a 3 screw mount and the after markets have a 4 screw mount - so I have to order an adapter and purchase 5.25s. That's seems stupid but I guess as long as I still have the 6.5s up front it will be fine...

thanks

I have 6.5 in back and 5.25 in front, these where direct drop in, no mods necissary....

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mark - is that an ex? I always thought the woofer components in the ex doors were 6.5s...

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
I have something like 6 1/2's in my front doors. (99 ex) I believe that they are held on by 3 screws. but the problem I had when looking for speakers is that there is only like 2 inches of depth in the door. I ended up getting some sony explodes.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm - so many choices - maybe I'll just stick with what crutchfield told me then if it don't work I can send it back and bitch...

·
Registered
286 Posts
dang..hope i'm not too late..hehe..yeah weird..i was told i had 6.5 in the back but they look like 6x9 too me..hehe..alot of place i look said i got 6.5 in theback..but its not..so just take a look..

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
haha... i cut holes into the fiberboard in the rear of my 94 sedan. Yeah, the metal mounts were underneath (3 screw), but I just screwed the speakers into the fiberboard. so ghetto. But it looks nice... :)

And i think it gives me better bass... the whole panel reverberates into the trunk. :)
I used the same size as in the front (5 1/4 i think)... but the way i did it... could have been any size.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts