Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 325i
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I tried to do a search and found a few things but nothing that answered my specific question. I have a 95 Civic EX with rear drums. My passenger trailing arm needs to be replaced. I found a pair of trailing arms for disc brakes for my model for a pretty good price and not bent. Can I move my drums to the disc trailing arms and it will bolt up? The arms do not have anything in relation to the disc installed (spindle, hub, etc). Everything I see mentions they are identical other than specific holes tapped for a disc. Is this a feasible option? I have new trailing arm bushings and the replacement ones come with them, but I want to change them anyway. Just want to know if I can use disc trailing arms with drums placed on. Much appreciated!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,535 Posts
nope. theres 4 bolts on the back that are a royal pain in the ass to remove. discs trailing arms will bolt up, but the ebrake cable wont. need to source one from a 99 si.

·
Registered
BMW 325i
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rear disc trailing arms i want to buy are already stripped of everything that is disc related so its just the trailing arm and nothing else meaning they have already removed the disc system. I just want to put my drum on the disc trailing arms themselves. Are you saying the Drum has 4 bolts on them already that need to be removed? I don't have an issue with that. Basically the trailing arms were made for rear disc, i want to use my drum on these, I can't do that?

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
The arms themselves are all the same for 92-00 Civic/94-01 Integra. It’s the spindles that are different, either drum or disc. Like slo said, there are 4 Torx bolts holding the spindles in and they are a BITCH to remove. So yes, your drum spindles will bolt up, but if you haven’t already removed them, good luck.

·
Registered
BMW 325i
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The arms themselves are all the same for 92-00 Civic/94-01 Integra. It’s the spindles that are different, either drum or disc. Like slo said, there are 4 Torx bolts holding the spindles in and they are a BITCH to remove. So yes, your drum spindles will bolt up, but if you haven’t already removed them, good luck.
that's exactly what I wanted to know. My mechanic has removed them before and is very aware of the difficulty, I just didnt want to order the wrong part.

·
Registered
BMW 325i
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope. theres 4 bolts on the back that are a royal pain in the ass to remove. discs trailing arms will bolt up, but the ebrake cable wont. need to source one from a 99 si.
About the eBrake cable, I need to get a whole new cable from a 99 Si? Or trailing arms from a 99 Si?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,535 Posts
as per email, the ebrake cable is ONLY if youre going DISC. if youre just going from drum to drum, it makes no sense to replace it with a longer one.

·
Registered
BMW 325i
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you. Just going drum to drum, just wanted to make sure the trailing arm for both disc and drum are exactly the same. I appreciate you guys. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts