Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm new to Hondas and wiring. I've owned nothing but fb and fc rx7s. I was givin the car from a friend who got it from someone who did a swap to the car. It is a 95 ex that was auto and swapped with a different d16z6 that's manual with what he believes came from a 95 del sol.. my problem is my main relay is right next to the fuse box which I believe is suppose to be on the passenger side by the ecu. But the wire that goes from the relay to the ecu gets red hot and melts other wires whenever you turn the key to power. I believe it's #3 on the relay. I'm not familiar with wiring but I've checked all grounds and replaced the relay. Anyone have any suggestions recommendations or ideas of what is causing this, how to fix or what to look for? Thank you to anyone who can help!

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
420 Posts
Heat in wiring normally comes from excess resistance. Perhaps the conductor's broken or damaged inside the insulation. How easy is it to replace the cable?

Terminal 3 is close to the battery terminal (#1). Could you have a short there? Or is the problem at the other ECU connection (#8, I think)?

I'm surprised that it 'melts other wires'. Are you sure the heat isn't coming from somewhere else?

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
The main relay belongs on the drivers side. Look for miswired accessories and remove as necessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts