Honda D Series Forum banner

95 Civic Ex being dumb

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Zeventy1Z 
#1 ·
Hello I was having problems with my car and i cleaned the fitv and it runs great but still seems to fluctuate in idle and i was wondering if anyone knows what it could be. I know the map is good. Another random question I installed a tach and it says the car is turning 7200 like it should but the tach in my car is saying it only reaches 6200?? Any idea why the in car tach is reading so far off?

#2 ·
maybe you should do an INTRO thread like you are supposed to, and people will help ya out. making a name just to ask this and never come back is what it looks to be. oem tachs are off, thats all.

#8 ·
Thanks

I appreciate the commentary. I did notice the guages are for an automatic and the car is stick. could that effect the reading of the tach? And i tried to get the iacv off to clean it. and no luck. used a 12 mm but it was too tight. any advice on how to break it loose? Also it feels like my car will bog a lil sometimes and i got a 43 code but the car has a new pump and main relay and the injectors tested good. the car is getting good fuel pressure so i dont think its the filter. any other suggestions?

#9 ·
Check following:

- quality of your fuel used
- Oxygen Sensor(s)
- fuel filter
- Injectors
- fuel pump
- main PGMFI relay
- fuel pressure regulator. ( ensure the vacuum line is connected )
- fuel return line. ( ensure its not clamped off. Its been known to have left a clamp on the return line after a fuel injector flush ).

Did you try reseting the ECU to get rid of the code ? This also usually is the case.

#10 ·
Im Tryin!

Ok I checked all the options u gave me for the code 43 except for the oxygen sensor. Shall i replace it? Or is there away to check if it is good. I cleaned the IACV and i still get a fluctuation but sometimes the idle will settle. Wondering wat it is. Any suggestions. The Vacuumes are all good. How do i tighten the needle in the dash RPM tach?

#13 ·
if you have a code 43 look into the o2 sensor. Oem is denso i believe and those same ones can be had form around the net cheapish, you can even go cheaper if you want, i've never heard anything bad from them.

you already made sure the iacv and fitv were clean. Did you reset your ecu after you were done? did you make sure to plug the iacv back in after you took it off...yes i have done this before and felt like a dumbass when i realized that was it.

#14 ·
The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) indicates Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 43: A problem in the Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) circuit or a problem in the Fuel Supply System.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.