Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '98 Civic Hatch - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this coupe for a little while...but haven't had time to really got down to it and do some goddam' work. Now it's time. This thread will be like a pre-9/11, angry goth chick's LiveJournal. Minus all the purple and black shit...and without the eventual pics of black cat tattoos.

I'm really torn between making it a fun-ass ratrod..and actually working on it to make it nice. I already have another project that I'm working to make clean and presentable to the non-riff-raff (SEE - "Back from my six year vacation" in the Showcase section)

Ratrod or clean machine? Ratrod or clean machine? The scumbag in me is having a tug-of-war with the detail oriented guy in me. Fickle.

So first thing is body work. Either with me doing the real deal or using sheet metal and a rivet gun. Rear quarters first. And guess what? The underside is completely clean. It's crazy...but true. Just going to undercoat it.

A chick in a Honda Element made a left hand turn into Eureka road during some snow last winter (at 35mph) and blasted me in the driver's front fender while I was heading to the store. That sucked. She pushed me over the curb and took off. I caught up long enough to get her plate number before they could start shooting at me. She came out of Crack Ridge Apartments (Only Transzex / Bone will probably know where that is and why that's important). So I need to rat the fender out or buy a new one...depending on the direction I go in. The marker / blinker is still like new despite hanging from the bulb and wire for a while.

The alternator seized up this winter. I got the bastard to spin again...but not before melting the belt off while I was trying to figure out "what that screeching was". So I need a new alternator belt. I'll be purchasing the Autozone special for this beauty.

The steering rack just sucks. BUT, I bought a donor Del Sol for another project in 2018...and it has a nice rack still connected. With power steering, even. So I plan on just swapping the whole thing out.

I plan on gutting the rear seats and trunk...and laying down a plywood bed with carpet over it. I need room to haul stuff until I find a hatch, wagon, Odyssey, CRX, Accord wagon, etc. ...which brings me back to fixing it properly. If I go that route, I have a better shot at trading it for something I need..and I'll probably just rebuild a B7 and toss it in. If I go ratrod, I'm going A6 or Z6 with boost.

The interior is pretty clean. I will post more pics tomorrow. Biggest job is the rotted quarters.

The really good news is that this was NOT someone's project or a teen's short-ram intake machine. It was completely stock when I got it. No spliced wires, stripped threads/bolts or infuriating "modifications"..

What do you guys think? RatRod / JapRat / Japrod? Or average Civic fix-up?

#CivicNecromancy

·
Registered
Integra DB9
445 Posts
I need room to haul stuff until I find a hatch, wagon, Odyssey, CRX, Accord wagon, etc. ...which brings me back to fixing it properly.

What do you guys think? RatRod / JapRat / Japrod? Or average Civic fix-up?

Flatbed truck

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,723 Posts
I see Michigan has already graced you with the complimentary active aerodynamic fender vent louvers that come with being a driving resident of the northern states for longer than 10 years....

If it really has a clean underside, I think it would be silly not to take the time to bring it back clean. You could sell that car for a decent chunk when finished to the right buyer! Even then if you don't sell it once clean, do a mild build on it and keep it a summer driven street machine!

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '98 Civic Hatch - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flatbed truck
I have waaaay to many Honda parts around to not buy a Honda. Plus, the stuff I need to haul isn't that big. A wagon or hatch would do...or even a CRX.

Tough decisions
turn it into a catrod.

CatRod Classic.

I see Michigan has already graced you with the complimentary active aerodynamic fender vent louvers that come with being a driving resident of the northern states for longer than 10 years....

If it really has a clean underside, I think it would be silly not to take the time to bring it back clean. You could sell that car for a decent chunk when finished to the right buyer! Even then if you don't sell it once clean, do a mild build on it and keep it a summer driven street machine!
Yeah, the underside is, in fact, clean.
If anything, I'll use this in the winter if I don't end up buying the 2003. Like I said to Sailor, I've got waaaaay too many Honda parts around to drive anything else. Upkeep is basically free. Drawers of alternators, starters, etc. Shelves of heads, blocks, etc. Area in the garage with complete engines...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.