Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking for some assistance in finding the correct length shaft for my vehicle.

-------------------------------------------------------
I bought a new replacement steering column part from ebay which was listed as #53200-SR3-A02. However, it is too short. I have attached pictures. When I line up the mounting points and the steering wheel side, you can see how much shorter the shaft length.

When I check hondapartsnow, I only see 2 columns listed. One lists Mfg. Origin: USA and doesn't state "tilt". The other one list Mf. Origin: JPN and lists tilt. However, 53200-SR0-A02 lists "replaced by: and tilt 53200-SR3-A02. So I was assuming they were both interchangeable. I checked auto tranny, DX, LX, and they all list the same part numbers.

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/1995-honda-civic-4dr_dx-ka-5mt/steering-column.html

Does anyone know what part number is longer or if I just got the wrong part delivered? Is there a way to get the exact measurements for each part numbers so I can compare.

My vehicle is a 1995 Civic, 4 door sedan, 5speed manual, tilt steering, power steering. Let me know if this is not the correct forum for this topic.

Thank you in advance,
Ryanman

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bone! I pulled really hard and it finally expanded (popped completely off). I put it back on, adjusted it to the correct length, and installed it. You saved me again! Thanks so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts