Honda D Series Forum banner

94 Si No running lights. Help please :wacko: :sweatdrop:

3K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  2jzdreamin 
#1 ·
Got an eg Si hatch, runnin lights not workin (the first click when u turn your lights on) i checked the fuses, replaced the bulbs, only reverse, blinkers/hazards n brake lights work, also im not gettin lights on my dash(cluster n AC dash) I also changed the headlight/blinker switch there are side markers missin, maybe they could be the problem? shorted out due to side markers (both are missing) from the looks of it, someone tried wiring side markers directly from the wiring harness, I compared it to the EX headlight wiring harness and Si has 2 more wires (13) than the EX (11).

any input will be greatly appreciated! ordered side markers but stil waiting on shippin,

I doubt the dimmer switch is causing this but i will check right now i happen to have 2 egs im gonna swap them out real quick

Thanks for looking!

#2 ·
Just fronts or both front and rear?

#9 ·
yes i replaced every single fuse with new fuses (inside under steering wheel and outside under the hood) and i also change all the back light and front lights expect for the headlight bulb bc those work (low and high beam)

#10 ·
Get a test light and test the wires at the white plug on the corner light for power with the switch on. You should have a green/yellow wire nod a red/yellow wire one of them is blinker the other is for corner light. They use the same ground wire.

#13 ·
Ya you need to start testing circuits. Check for 12v and ground at the lights.... see what your NOT getting and go from there.

#14 ·
dang well i tried now almost about everything, i need to know where these side markers wire up to. anybody have a pic of the harness? or somewhere i can find it? anyway i tried the dimmer switch from my working eg, still no lights

#17 · (Edited)
If the blinkers work that means im only not getting power thru the wire that power the quarter lights (first click on the switch) since there only 3 wires and one of them is a ground and the other is for the blinkers which leads me to the missing side markers i have them! just got them in i cant find where they wire to! open circuit maybe? anyways thanks for the info!

#19 ·
Sounds like your not getting power to the lights. It's either a bad fuse or the switch that is the problem. Are you sure every thing is pluged in?

#20 ·
everything is pluged in unless theres missing a fuse but i used that little piece of plastic where it says fuse to figure out which fuse went where, i changed the switch already...

#21 ·
Can you post a pic of your under dash fuse box so I can see the fuses?

#23 ·
I'm not 100% sure how they are wired. If there after market my guess is they are tapped into either the parking light wiring or the blinker wiring.

Any way you can post pics of them and the wiring going to them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.