Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 si hatch
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there guys made this post bc this heat is no joke i think i almost had a stroke the other day lmao no laughing matter so i went out and bought me a ac kit i got a kit for 99 si but im not sure what fits and not i know the condensor doesnt not fit for a 94 si i do have a b16a with a p30 ac bracket, im fixing to return my condenser and get one for a 94 can anyone tell me if the dryer and the expansion valve are the same on eg and ek since i bought for a 99 civic si and not a 94 civic si

also is the tensioner bracket the same in eg and ek???

thanks for your help!!!

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
You need every thing from a 94-95 civic except the ac compressor and bracket. The compressor and bracket need to be from a b-series. The two rubber hoses I forgot what works,I think I used the stock 94-95 rubber hoses and modded them a little to make them work.i might have used the rubber hoses from the del sol that has the b16 in it.

·
Registered
94 si hatch
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm i see okay well im gonna go exchange that kit tomorrow if theyre open if not i have to wait till monday :/ is there any difference on the d and b series compressor colder?

·
Registered
94 si hatch
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anymore input on the rubber hoses that run from compressor to condenser will be appreciate right now i got the original eg ones (d-series)

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
I never tried to use a d-series compressor on a b-series. Maybe I should have as it would of made it easier,but there might have been a reason i didn't use the d-series compressor,I just can't remember as its been like 10 years since I did it. Thinking the d-series bracket might not bolt up the the b-series block could of been one reason.

The hardest part was the rubber hoses. Trying to get them to fit right was a pita.

·
Registered
94 si hatch
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fudge yea bc i have a bseries compressor and when i got the lines from an eg ex they dont fit perfectly so im gonna look into those that came with a del sol vtec, should i just get the kit for that del sol?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Iirc one line fits fine it's the other one that needs to be modded a little. I think it needs to be bent/turned a half a turn,something like that. I can't tell you for sure cause the hoses I used I got from different people that really didnt know what they were for. I just picked what I thought would work best and made it fit.

The bottome part of this line needs to be bent so it will bolt to the compressor.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Iirc=if I remember correctly.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,931 Posts
Threads like this always make me want to start my thermoelectric-based AC project up again. If only there was a way to keep the current draw down:/

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Wouldn't a kit from a Del Sol VTEC match right up?

·
Registered
Black/Green Civic HB
753 Posts
How big of Alt. you gonna run for those therm. Coolers?.....jk.

I always think a/c is over rated, after all day in the heat you might as well stay in it ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I pulled ac from my sol and live in tx.. Don't care that's why I drop the windows lol it's been 107ish up in north tx. I can easily convert back since I had 2 donor sols but meh that'd just drag down my motor

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
dude yea its been 109 the past 2 days wtF?
yep that good old Tx weather, my ac works but on the streets its crap. i need to wrap my headers so they dont heatsoak the condenser. IR the temp and got 400-450degs venting from the headers.
So i do feel your pain.

I pulled ac from my sol and live in tx.. Don't care that's why I drop the windows lol it's been 107ish up in north tx. I can easily convert back since I had 2 donor sols but meh that'd just drag down my motor
Crazyness. MY del sol had ice cold ac and i love it even tho it only had a d15b7 and was slow.
And Windows down in traffic with 104f heat and no wind does not cut it at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts