Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
story... car was bought 3months ago. drove from FL to GA and started to have faint knock that would come and go. then oil light started to flicker about a month after the faint knock occured.

alright.... pulled the motor a couple days age. tonite i pulled the valve cover and timing belt cover off and the timing belt had about 1 1/2 in of play:noway::noway:

would this cause the ghost knock and flickering oil light(not constant)? oil was a quart over full at the time also(no coolant,fresh oil).....:(

·
Registered
1994 EH9
616 Posts
well for starters,having a quart over is deff not good. If you have knocking that comes and gos,it will come back for good. 243k,its getting ready to take a shit,get a new motor

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well for starters,having a quart over is deff not good. If you have knocking that comes and gos,it will come back for good. 243k,its getting ready to take a shit,get a new motor
its out the car and the replacement is sitting there but i would much rather put this one back in if nothing is wrong with it.....

i just did a some more inspecting and T belt(honda belt) looks fresh....the head also looks pretty clean inside...

is there a way to check the age on the water pump?

·
Registered
1994 EH9
616 Posts
there probably isnt nothing wrong with the head. I blew my old z6 and kept the head. If your oil pump is taking a shit then u might want to fix that soon before every thing gets fried

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there probably isnt nothing wrong with the head. I blew my old z6 and kept the head. If your oil pump is taking a shit then u might want to fix that soon before every thing gets fried

was just wondering if a loose timing belt could of caused the light ?

glad in way....now i know why i had no power past 5k rpm.....timing has gotta be way off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts