Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have situation with my anti-freeze because within the overflow bottle it starts to boil and leak out only when the car isn't moving for more then 5mins on days when temp outside reads more then 90 degrees. The temp gauge never goes pass the middle line and when I start to drive the boiling stops*. So I'm wondering if anybody knows or can pin-point what maybe causing the issue (radiator?). Thanks in Advance.

Things I already checked:
- Verified Cooling Fan turns on
- Bleed air out of system
- Verified Thermostat open fully during normal operation
- Topped of Anti-freeze within Radiator
- Checked for hose leaks

* The reason I know the boiling stops is because after driving when I turn the car off I don't here / see the anti-freeze boiling within overflow bottle.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blown Head Gasket :)
I was afraid of that. Can a HG blow even w/o overheating because of normal wear inside of a engine? Also is there any way to " bandage " the HG for a couple months til fall I suppose, lol?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic SI
2,509 Posts
I wouldn't reccomend "bandaging" the headgasket, Don't cheap out now go spend 40$ get a new headgasket get it in there.

Or you can bandage it and blow your motor and spend 900$ or more, idk seem's like a no brainer to me

and Yes a headgasket can blow w/o overheating there are many thing's that can cause a hg to fail

1 - 4 of 4 Posts