Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been reeding alot on this site on the turbo d"S
i got a 94 cx wit the weak 70 hp..im looking to build my own kit im keeping in mind that i want to keep the ac and its a daily driver hy hp goals are 200 hp iwant to stay between 8psi 12 psi i want it to be as realiable as possible but to have anice kick in it looking to hit high 13's
i got a d16 of a friend who did a b series swap...
my budget limits me to about 1100 i
MAnnifold? can i use my cx manny wit the adapter plate
down pipe?
block gurad?

i heardLSD sells a log style for 289.00?
t3/t4 ot t25?
i got a greddy type S blowoff
thnks for your help
any links to websites or threads woulld b help full

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thnks very help full...
im looking for sugestions from the ones dat done it b4 ..

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
hey ok, well im a boost head too, and i love turbo cars, but i like to go fast for cheap, and im thinking if you plan on turboing that motor, it might be more cost effective to swap motors, and wait,

my idea is that witha turbo on 10 psi. using a t/3 or t25 or a 15g, isnt going to net you 60 h/p, i'd swap the motor and piece together a hmt as you go, you might be happier in the mean time saving money, plus having more h/p . idk just an idea
ok shit now im confused, which motor you have, in the car. idk im a lil drunk, but lmk what motor you have, i may be blowing smoke with all this ^^^^^^

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
cory jordan said:
hey ok, well im a boost head too, and i love turbo cars, but i like to go fast for cheap, and im thinking if you plan on turboing that motor, it might be more cost effective to swap motors, and wait,

my idea is that witha turbo on 10 psi. using a t/3 or t25 or a 15g, isnt going to net you 60 h/p, i'd swap the motor and piece together a hmt as you go, you might be happier in the mean time saving money, plus having more h/p . idk just an idea
ok shit now im confused, which motor you have, in the car. idk im a lil drunk, but lmk what motor you have, i may be blowing smoke with all this ^^^^^^
yeah because you could gain 60+ hp with those turbos...... correct me if Im wrong people.....

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
if u have a cx, u haave a d15b8 then, correct. if that is so i would say say you need a new motor.

super tiny rods + 8 valves = not boost friendly, but great on gas

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I also thought you couldn't use the CX mani if you wanted to keep AC, you gotta order a custom AC compatible manifold, or buy a used one out of a kit.

correct me if i'm wrong here.

EDIT, I think you would also greatly benefit from swapping to a 16valve head, even if it's just a b7 (which I have if you want)

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
93reddelsol said:
:sadface: you just dont no.... I rock the T25 enjoy every minute.
have you ever used anything different? i dont think you know. i ran a turbo the size of a t25, and have ridden in cars with that turbo. and lemme tell you, t25 = weaksauce

upgrade to a t3 and you will wonder why you ever bothered with such a small turbo

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
3,003 Posts
I personally would turbo this motor. With the $1100 swap to a jdm D15b, tranny and ecu. If not look for a decent D16Z6 and start from there. If you get the z6 make sure you get the right trannie and ecu. with the money you got left over you could start piecing your turbo kit together.

Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
jdmeg3434 said:
i got a d16 off a friend who did a b series swap...
my budget limits me to about 1100
MAnifold? can i use my cx manny wit the adapter plate
down pipe?
block gurad?

i heardLSD sells a log style for 289.00?
t3/t4 ot t25?
i got a greddy type S blowoff
thnks for your help
any links to websites or threads woulld b help full
If u got the d16 from a friend then just throw that in. Then search & read up more on turbo's, parts, etc. The ac issue i'm not sure of w/ the adaptor plate on a cx mani. I'm not saying it cant be done but check 1st. And u can fab up a down pipe or go to a exhaust shop to fab 1 up.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts

MyblkVTEC said:
yeah because you could gain 60+ hp with those turbos...... correct me if Im wrong people.....
i dont think on any of those turbos on 10psi will net you 60+hp, thats why i said swap the jdm d15b and go hmt, more power than the base motor witha turbo, i'd imagine

*that was with the cx motor in mind, not sure what d16 he has*

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thkns for you input...very help full
will go wit the d16..
wat rods and pistons can anyone recomend ??

·
Registered
946 Posts
you want a 14b bro
they're dirt cheap, make good power(better than t25 thats for sure and will reach ur goal of 200whp), and u can use ur cx mani + adapter plate.

then u just need a fabbed up downpipe, intercooler, piping, bov, fuel managemnet and ur good to go!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts