Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo I'm on the freeway, headed home, just bein my regular asshole self that HAS to be ahead of the pack... when I notice tall looking HID headlights sniffin my rearend like a K-9 in the rear view. Anyhoo, we get next to each other at 80 miles an hour, I rip it into third as he pulls away, I'm expecting the 8 pounds I'm runnin to take him down once I finally reach full boost, but no! That mother trucker had the audacity to keep pullin away even after 115+! I was friggin shocked... it kinda reminded me of the feeling when I blew my d15b7.

Anyways he turned out to be pretty chill, but my question is this, have any of you raced and SRT-8 Jeep on the freeway? If so, what was the outcome and your setup? I should mention I'm still using my old d15b7 Neptune basemap(PO6 ECU) and my VTEC is not currently hooked up, (I know I know, that will change soon, but in the meantime I'm friggin broke haha) AND I'm using a DX tranny with a T3/T4 TO4E turbo.

Thanks.

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
there pretty damn fast.. i think low 13's? i cant remember what my buddy was running

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm... seemed like my d15b7 with the one cam setting woulda done better up there in the high end haha... ahhh just gotta get programmed :)

·
Registered
1989 iroc
354 Posts
wait.... the 500 hp ones..... they are nasty......

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
my buddy has an 01 stang gt, with just i/h/e, and we raced a black on from a light and it probably got 3 lengths on him by 60mph

don't they come stock with like 20's too? crazy chrysler's

·
Registered
7 Posts
I raced one a while back in my hatch. I was eaten alive from a dig but didn't seem that much faster from a roll. They're 425hp at the crank and weight almost 5000lbs. There are some upgrades available right at the dealership that make them quite fast, maybe you ran into an upgraded one.

·
Registered
99 4 dr
740 Posts
i think i saw one on this infomercial thing that they thried to pase off as a show for the SRT line up on SPEED a yr or two ago and i liked it

·
Registered
99 4 dr
740 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Damn, that is sick! I hate it when family vehicle's, especially SUCrap comes that fast in stock form. What's the point? O well...

·
Registered
my honda
56 Posts
ya, i raced one at the pomona raceway...sohc d15b7, with z6 manifold, headers,etc..all upgrades equal up to 134 h.p....i got smoked...i ran a 14.92 and he ran like a 13.20ish? there f'in fast

1 - 20 of 22 Posts