Honda D Series Forum banner

93 dx boosted d15 ? regarding fuel enrichment

1K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  boostfreak0885 
#1 ·
The car has a stock d15 with a non intercooled Greddy 15g turbo kit. Its running about 7 psi with stock injectors and a 12:1 FMU. I havent installed a wideband yet, but I want to know if you guys who have boosted D's think I have enough fuel for 7psi?

#5 ·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....first off if your motor doesnt blow because of your fmu its always good you have a back up plan for blowing your motor all over the highway by not using an intercooler...

d15 are the weakest of the d's,
first off- i think stock injectors are good to about 150ish hp,

second- fmu can be used and arent as bad as some people rep them but the catch is you have to get the right one(12:1, 11:1, 10:1, ect) for your exact set-up which is next to impossible to figure out. there are many cheap options like a base mapped chip and chipping kit from xenocron probably cost the same as an fmu

third- no intercooler is bad simply because of the heat generated by the compressing of air is gonna kill your motor. if moneys a problem run out to the junk yard and pick up a stock side mount or somthing for like 20 bucks go to home depot and spend like another 20 on pvc pipes and ruber hose 40 buck is alot cheaper than a new motor.

#6 ·
no intercooler wont kill you i have a 1987 dodge shelby charger thats stock boosted with no ic and i turned the boost up to 12 with a computer mopar sells and with no ic it ran fine but i will say a ic is a great thing to have dont get me wrong im gonna put ic on the dodge one of theses days but it wont realy kill the car just not the best thing in the world for it

#7 ·
no intercooler wont kill you i have a 1987 dodge shelby charger thats stock boosted with no ic and i turned the boost up to 12 with a computer mopar sells and with no ic it ran fine but i will say a ic is a great thing to have dont get me wrong im gonna put ic on the dodge one of theses days but it wont realy kill the car just not the best thing in the world for it

thats doesnt make sence... its not going to kill the engine, but its not good for it...

way to give good advice.. the more heat the more its prone to detonation, which will blow his motor. especially by using the FMU.

dont recommend something thats going to hurt a kids motor.

#11 ·
ok it wont kill his motor but i did say it wasnt good for it but in the end it is up to him.To choose what he wants to do and the internals in that dodge are cast just like a honda. They arnt really build for it just like a honda there a stock 2.2 with a turbo slapped on it. Plus i didnt recommend he do it i just said it wont kill his motor but it wouldnt be great for it. But combined with a fmu its not as safe as a tuned ecu so there could be more damage to his motor. I should have added all that to my post.

#12 ·
The engine was turboed from the factory. Cast pistons or not the engine was engineered for boost unlike his honda.

#13 ·
it was not turboed from the factory carroll shelby took a bunch of stock ones and slapped a turbo on it. So its not far off from what hes doing maybe alittle better though out.

#16 ·
Sorry, the way you posted it sounded like it was, my bad.

#15 · (Edited)
ya all true but i have researched the cars the was nothing done but slapping a turbo and tuneing. i to think a fmu is a crappy idea i ran one for a whole of 10 mins and figured that out. so get a ic and a tune, your car will love you

#18 ·
thanks boostedfreak for explaining that i was just trying to keep the post shorter by simply stating that it will kill the motor. our little d15's are not built for power they are built for efficiency and when you start throwing alot of heat into the mix via no ic your gonna get some detonation. detonation is the killer of motors.

also if you dont have the properly ratio'd fmu it will cause you to lean out also causing detonation. i have a buddy that did alot of research about fmus and how they work and figureing them out and he runs one in his dd 350+hp maxima and b*tchs at me when i dog on fmu's. there is ways to figure out which one you need but buying a chip from phearable or xenocron is easier and more reliable and aproximatly the same as far as cost.

but dont get me wrong plenty of people have run both fmus and no ic and there car lasted....we just know what a pain in the ass a motor swap is, let alone the cost of it, when your dd takes a shit. we are just tring to give you advice to help you save your motor

#23 ·
Be glad hes looking deep into it hes trying to help you by saveing your motor and money in the long run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.