Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna upgrade my suspension setup shortly. Until then I have to live with the stock suspension, and I can't seem to understand why it is so soft; If I take a turn that even a little bitty hint of aggression the whole car squats into the turn, and when I exit the turn it leans to the other side.. just makes the car swerve all over the place.

My question is, is this how all eg hatchbacks feel? Or the car is just so old that the shocks are not what they used to be? I'm really curious to find out your experience with your stock suspension setups..:)

·
Registered
EG Final Year
893 Posts
It's so soft because its a economy passenger car. If your shocks are stock they probably should be replaced if your car seems to "bounce" from left to right. You probably should look into a sway bar for the front and rear and strut bars as well.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah, cause strut bars reduce chassis roll. :hammer:

Your shocks are probably tired, your car has no swaybars, and your suspension bushings are probably shot. Pretty much par for the course for what you are working with. Find some used stock swaybars off a teg GSR or the front off an EX/Si and a GSR rear and it'll make a huge difference for you. Should be pretty cheap too. Then get some koni sports and put your stock springs on them. Then buy a nice set of quality lowering springs if you don't like the wheel gap. Upgrade bushings with new OEM as you go through the car and you should be set.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have a '92 cx as well and my suspension isn't 'bouncy' so my guess is yours is just worn out. I'm upgrading my coil-overs to PIC select (14kf/12kr) which is a really stiff setup for racing. The shop i go to suggests the rear lower control arms be replaced with the coilovers, to save labour time. I haven't bothered with sway-bars, and don't think i will - stiff suspension seems to deal with body roll quite nicely.

DJM:>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts