Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, so here's my problem.
i lost my brake lights the other day, i went ahead and checked my fuse (#42) good voltage on both pins. checked brake light switch, good voltage on all 4 connections the one in question (green/white) i had 13.84 when the pedal was not depressed and the same with it depressed. replaced bulbs, i have tail lights, turn signals and hazards. the tail lights are running on the small filament in the bulbs so im looking for a break. i traced the floor harness from switch to bulb reciprocals, i have power for about an inch from the switch then its gone. i probed the whole line, found no breaks or exposed wires. it actually looks as if the floor harness was replaced within the last year. ( just got the car a few months ago) I am aware the horn shares the same fuse, and yes my horn is broken so i haven't thought it could be related. any help guys would be appreciated. this is my DD so right now im without a ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so the tail lights sit are coming on the big filament rather then the small one, so that would indicate a short to ground issue correct?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts