Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Why two?
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it was really late at night, on an empty freeway and i seen this brand new xb (the really ugly ones). Well, i'm cruising at about 80-85 (Average speed) and i was coming up on his lane... and just as i got to him, he downshifted and took off. So naturally i'm not one to hesitate and i dropped it into 4th.

Anyway, i was blown away because he had actually started inching on me and pulling away. I felt disgusted that a scion xb could beat my car...

Basically took it to the top of 4th and he just kept pulling inch by inch.. By the time i hit the top of 4th (~115) he had put about 3 cars between myself and him. I decided to let off as i had already flown by my exit.. haha.

The whole race only lasted around a minute, and by the time it was over i was dissapointed.

But then i found out that the new xb's have 160hp camry engines and i was shocked i even kept up how i did.

Yes yes, street racing is bad, but i didnt do it around traffic in any way.. again, empty freeway. late at night. no witnesses...

Short story, i kept up with a 160hp car (mostly) in my little untuned sohc!

·
Registered
99 Ek Hatch
155 Posts
yeh, but the XB weighs a ton compared to an EG, Power to weight is the key. The XB has the same engine as the TC as well, Im not sure how well you would do against a 5spd TC..... THey weigh alot too, so you might out run one of those as well

Shouldn't be a problem for him.

I myself ran 2 Tc's.

1st one was an auto from a 45 roll. Pulled him 3 cars and shut down at 90.
2nd was a 5 speed trd edition with intake from a dig. Got him 3 times atleast by 2 cars.

99 ek hatch - i/h/e - timing play. - gutted rear end

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem for him.

I myself ran 2 Tc's.

1st one was an auto from a 45 roll. Pulled him 3 cars and shut down at 90.
2nd was a 5 speed trd edition with intake from a dig. Got him 3 times atleast by 2 cars.

99 ek hatch - i/h/e - timing play. - gutted rear end
hmmm... my mazda walks mine and my friends hondas with similar mods to yours in similar cars. i got walked in that same mazda by a tc with boltons from 50-110 ... tc's are rated around low 15s in the 1/4 and a dx/lx is going to have a damn hard time winning that race. plus power to weight ratios are similar, but the tc's have a lot more torque. those new xb's are misleading arent they haha the old ones were stupid slow

·
Banned
209 Posts
i ran against the new XB and the TC and i beat them both on the freeway they were my friends cars and they wanted to see how fast is my car since i did the motor mini me swap on my car

·
D-series Champ
1,338 Posts
i absolutely demolished one of those xb's the other day. the guy was revvin at me and ricin it out. i launched at a modest 3k and he never had a chance.

·
Registered
1989 iroc
354 Posts
i absolutely demolished one of those xb's the other day. the guy was revvin at me and ricin it out. i launched at a modest 3k and he never had a chance.

i raced one(tc) down from a stop light to a stop light.... he murdered me :(..... come to find out... it was turbod.... yet you couldnt hear it at all over his music... then i raced a nother xb...... killed it :)

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
i wont even waste my gas racing one.. i was driving down the highway at like 65 and one came up next to me revving and shit.. he downshifted and took off.i waited till his back bumper was at my front bumper before i hit the gas. i stayed in 5th gear and blew by him like he was in reverse..

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
ive had a TC with a big exhaust and intake(thats all that i can tell) run up on me in the sol. I stayed in 3rd gear and he was comin ahrd on me. by the time we stopped, he was only like 2 cars ahead. im almost positive i could beat him if i had shifted it into 2nd or from a dig.

·
Registered
Why two?
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, i remember that i raced a TC before i did my manual swap, i did an 80 drop (into 3rd gear, auto) and beat him till around 100. At that time my car shifted into fourth and couldnt keep pulling hard, no power... TC cruised by me like nada.

I'll find a tc one of these days to rematch and eat alive with the new si tranny :)

·
Registered
92 civic hatch si
752 Posts
Arent those new xb's 600 lbs heavier also. Even though it has the camrys 2.4 some of the magazines said it's gain was offset by the added weight. Anybody ever race an Element?

·
El Noob
98 Civic EX/ 86 MR2
2,794 Posts
Raced a TC at the track about 3 weeks ago. On my MK1 MR2 (Stock). Got me off the line but pretty much stayed with him. Not very fast. I know he had an exhuast.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Raced a TC at the track about 3 weeks ago. On my MK1 MR2 (Stock). Got me off the line but pretty much stayed with him. Not very fast. I know he had an exhuast.
Tc's are balls slow.My gf drives an 08. 160hp and about as much torque in a 2900 pound car car.The supercharger upgrade is nice but thats about it speed wise,unless you go turbo.The interior is pretty pimp though, reclining rear seats and dual sun roofs ftw. I think car&driver road tested one to 15.7-15.6 bone stock and the 0-60 is also faster then the new si (which also kinda sucks)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts