Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Versa...
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone who can point me in the right direction about a custom wiring harness for my project, or what I can remove from my current wiring harness. I heard there was a guy on here named 2JZdreamin who is the man on wiring...... Can someone help me contact him, so i can pick his brain...

Thanks, Roger

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
373 Posts
I had to look up Bradley ...

... and saw why Civic wiring might not fit too well, but surely you could simply replicate the basic connection-to-connection format?
Or are you doing something else you haven't mentioned?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Sailor, remember that OBD1 harness's rely on a shock/strut tower mounted plug setup.

Some of that strut harness stuff hits the fusebox right away, most hits the ecu inside the car.

I wonder if it would be more worthwhile to use an OBD2A civic engine harness, delete the secondary O2 and knock sensor if in the harness (depends engine./car sourced from), and have the ecu plugs repinned with OBD1 plugs.

This is how 2JZDreaming did my custom harness. Its basically a 96-98 d16y8 vtec harness that has the secondary O2 removed, and it had fresh OBD1 ecu plugs installed, along with the OBD2 chassis plug that is a few inches form the standard ecu location inside a 96-98 civic.

A Custom harness will run you upwards of 700-1000 USD depending where sourced.

a 2JZDreamin special will be under $500 all day, and made with love!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts