Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats up fellas, im new to this site, go easy on me... One of my buddies bought a 1992 honda civic hatchback about 6 months ago and bought a jdm d15b engine. He put a stage 3 spec clutch in it also... We finally got the motor in and everything, and the ecu that he had bought didn't work right, and by that time, he didn't even really want the car anymore, so its been sittin in my back yard every since. He said he would sell the car to me for 1,000 bucks, and thats cheap since he's got more than that in it. I'm just wondering, if i got this car, how hard would it be to turbo it? I know that i'd have to run low boost on it, but im just wondering, what kit would i go with? Would the one from greddy work thats for a 92-95 civic? Since its got a different engine? And what kind of tuning would I have to do to it? I just want something to mess around with pretty much, nothin to rule tha streets in. Thanx

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
it would be simple to turbo

save some cash and go the custom route. kits are decent, but will really limit you on power, and will most of the time cost more than putting one together on your own.

start by reading the stickies in this section :TU:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say custom route, you mean just get a turbo, get someone to make a manifold for you and stuff? Would I have to get new injectors and everything?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'd worry about getting the car running right before you consider boosting the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts