Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've see a 98 civic w/ a greddy turbo kit thats for the 92-95 civics. my question is would it work on my 99 civic ex?! the only difference i can see off the bat is the turbos. 92-95 is a 15g and 96-00 is a 19t. whats the differences and does it matter? which turbo is better? will it still be bolt-on and will the FMIC bolt up too?

thank you!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so no mounting problems? thats perfect its a lot cheaper so I go boost sooner =) . then ill have to buy the 92-95 FMIC or can i get the 96-00 FMIC?

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have to disagree with you on that...
I'm open .. show me what you're reffering to, cause the most I've seen is 305WHP but on 19T kit. 15G maxes out at about 280WHP

·
Registered
247 Posts
It will bolt right up. Only difference is besides a little bigger turbo and downpipe is the 19t kit comes with injectors. But bigger injectors you can pic up cheap same with a fmic.
yep.

The tune will be a bit different too, but the stock EManage map sucks so much that you'll want to retune it anyways

·
Registered
183 Posts
no, I'm sure there's a write-up somewhere of how to do it that makes it easy.

even if not, all you gotta do is swing by the local honda dealer and get one of the tech guys to print you out the ecu pinout and then just follow the e-manage instructions.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I'm open .. show me what you're reffering to, cause the most I've seen is 305WHP but on 19T kit. 15G maxes out at about 280WHP
Ive seen a guy max out his dsm t25 at 280hp on 20psi on a single cam, the 15g is bigger then the dsm t25 so I would say it will hold more power then 280...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ive seen a guy max out his dsm t25 at 280hp on 20psi on a single cam, the 15g is bigger then the dsm t25 so I would say it will hold more power then 280...
no sir, those are about the same size

both turbos after 15psi push prety hot air, so unless an ice/water-to-air intercooler is used, I don't see 300WHP happening on the 15G. And I've never seen an intercooler like that with turbo like that.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts

both turbos after 15psi push prety hot air, so unless an ice/water-to-air intercooler is used, I don't see 300WHP happening on the 15G. And I've never seen an intercooler like that with turbo like that.
A 15g is bigger than a dsm t25, I know that for a fact because my friend Justin has both of them at his house and I saw them both. Also you can hit 300hp on a 15g pushing higher boost levels, what are you talking about with the intercooler like that with a turbo like that?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

A 15g is bigger than a dsm t25, I know that for a fact because my friend Justin has both of them at his house and I saw them both. Also you can hit 300hp on a 15g pushing higher boost levels, what are you talking about with the intercooler like that with a turbo like that?
You'll never hit 300 HP with a 15G, ever! It takes 497.5cfm to make 300CHP, as you can see a 15G wheel chokes at ~440cfm around 2.1 bar absolute pressure, or 16.1 PSI coming out of the turbo. Realisticly your going to get ~425cfm at 2.4 bar absolute pressure from a 15G. A little physics and math means that realisticly a 15G max's out at ~260 crank horsepower, and that's it.

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
yeah, it'll work but if its got the blue box still, the wiring is different. even compared to 96-98 it's different.
X2. The emanage splices into the same sensors the pins are just in different areas. Just look at your ecu pinouts for your year car. The ones greddy sent me were for the right year and car but they made a mistake on one of there connections they had it going to the wrong pin. So just double check when ya do it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts