Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to ask some opinions on which trans I should get and use. I currently am running d16z6 with a cx tranny holy long gears batman!

I do want the car for weekend strip use but it will also be driven on the interstate alot and that got me thinking which trans would be best?

The z6 si tranny and the 96-01 EX one basically share the same 1-4 and final drive ratios but 5th is lower on the z6 than the 96-01 trans so I was thinking that the 96-01 would be kind of the best of both worlds for what I want but I wanted to ask here first.

One last question what kind of MPG change should I expect by ditching the CX tranny?

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,893 Posts
Z6 and Y8 have the same gearing except for 2nd. Z6 is 1.900 Y8 is 1.909. 3rd is 1.250 in each of them, FD is 4.250 in each of them.

Probably mentioned it already in this thread, but I've only seen one 96-00 fork bend. This can be easily fixed by bracing it.
Gearing is the same..........

92-95 has alum shifter forks that break
96-00 has steel shifter forks that bend

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh crap now that I actually looked at the chart I have again I see they are the same the only diffrence was in the Final drive between the hatch and the sedan/coupe on the y8 trans and the fifth gear on the 92-95 between HB and sedan/coupe.

Sorry for asking a stupid question lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just going to try to find a 92-95 EX coupe/sedan trans for the longer 5th and use it for now. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts