Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic Cx hatch
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I looked everywhere for a speaker adapter that would work for this with the speakers I wanted, which were Rockford Fosgate R165x3 Prime. There was one posted on Thingiverse for 96-00 civics but it did not line up with the stock place on my car and did not fit the above speakers anyway.

So I just went ahead and made one. This fits the above speaker perfectly and if your speaker is similarly sized it will fit yours as well. The inner ring is 145mm diameter if that helps. There are still some improvements I would like to make to this model like making the outer ring smaller but it works as-is.

This is designed to use the stock screws from the stock speaker mount to attach it back to the door. It allows the window to fully roll down as well.

If your 3d printer cannot print the entire speaker adapter I have also attached a split file with some dovetail joints. They fit together perfectly, at least for me, when the part is printed at 0.3 mm layer height.

I would love to actually upload the files here to try and archive them for future users but the forum is not allowing me to do it. It says .stl files are not allowed, so I must post a link to Thingiverse. If this is the wrong section feel free to move it but Audio made sense to me, although DIY may work too.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,455 Posts
Most 6.5" are built on 5.25 baskets and the back the OEM plastic enclosure needs trimmed out.

Back then (22 years ago) we just used 3/4" MDF shaped much like yours.

I had 6.5" Midbass in the door, the 4"mid and 1" tweet in USD Audio Pods

Staging was a lot better and was helped with the L/R swapped to help with rear fill off head unit power.

·
Registered
93 Civic Cx hatch
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah I attempted to dremel out the stock baskets but these speakers were too big for those even. The stock inner ring on the basket is ~125 mm and my speakers inner ring(picture below because that is probably not what it is called, highlighted red) was 145 mm. So by the time I got it out to that point the ring and all mounting points were pretty much destroyed. I didn't know how to word the title but this is meant for for oversized 6.5" I guess. If I had to go back and do it over again I would have done more research and saw that these speakers were too big in the first place and got different ones that did fit the stock basket, but hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

I had considered mdf but the state I live in is so wet I didn't want to have to come back and re-do it later. This is a car that I do not plan on selling.

I had the stock(I think?) or just really old Pioneer speakers in there so this is a huge improvement over what I had so far. I would love some tweeters too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts