Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I got an email back from greddy and the kit will bolt up but it doesnt come with injectors, so I dont know what to do now, I want a new kit so I am going to either get a 96-00 greddy for the 92-95 one, but I dont know if I got the 92-95, couldnt I just get some dsm injectors, intercooler piping, intercooler, colder plugs and a BOV and be set????

D

·
0 Posts
if you do not need to be carb legal, like cali, then why on earth would you get a greddy kit?

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ummm cuz its a nice built kit, and its brand new so I dont need to worry about shit failing on me......

O

·
0 Posts
the 96+ kit comes with injectors, e-manage and and a 19g turbo.

if you have the 92-95 kit, you have ksit the blue/black electronic box. it is designed to only run 5-6psi and no fmic. if you want the fmic and bov, then you have to use either a Safc to up the boost and use prelude injectors from simouar yr as your car, or standalone, or get the blue box reprogramed. some places can do that.

J

·
0 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
ummm cuz its a nice built kit, and its brand new so I dont need to worry about shit failing on me......
GOod thinking...tho it does cost a bit its nice to have all new parts, espically a turbo you know has no shaft play..ect.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I got the 96-00 greddy kit... It went in really easily, and it's working great (besides my emanage problems). Definitely good quality stuff, imo. I was especially impressed by the high quality stainless hardware... The only thing I bought to replace a piece in the kit was a molded hose for the oil return...the greddy one had a bad kink from being in the box...

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like im gonna need to get the 96+ kit, and get some nice intercooler piping and intercooler..... and my HKS SSQ ;) damn this will take a while to save up, but itll be worth every penny!

S

·
0 Posts
Dude what are you thinking? That kit is about gay :fag: . For the same money you can build setup. Heck you could even get a new turbonetics turbo and have everything customized. That kit is for lazy people who don't want to do any research to produce something worth while. Build your own kit you'll be happier.

here is a site that will help.

Homemadeturbo.com

sorry if I sound like an ass but I son't want to see any buy that junk.

Austin

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, but here is the thing, Ive researched homemadeturbo.com and yes that is a very cool idea and a good money saver to go that route, but my civic is a daily driver and it needs to run everyday, I cant buy random parts and have confidence that it will run good, I want a kit that has been proven to work, which greddy has done a good job with.... so to each his own

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
not a bad choice. 1800 new for a kit isnt a bad price at all. i was thinking of going that route and ditching the emanage for hondata but i think for my hp goals custom is the best way.
if you get what you said it should run fine. i also believe the 96+ kit has a bit more hp potential due to the different turbo.
keep us posted on what you do and pics wont hurt.

you must have caught some people that are butt hurt or something. the noobs sure are hating on ya lol

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its ok, like I said, if I had my civic as a project car, that i didnt drive everyday, I might go to custom route, but I can get the 96+ kits for around 1680 shipped, so yeah aint a bad price IMO, I also need the whole intercooler setup, but thats ok, itll be nice when im done.....

S

·
0 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
not a bad choice. 1800 new for a kit isnt a bad price at all. i was thinking of going that route and ditching the emanage for hondata but i think for my hp goals custom is the best way.
if you get what you said it should run fine. i also believe the 96+ kit has a bit more hp potential due to the different turbo.
keep us posted on what you do and pics wont hurt.

you must have caught some people that are butt hurt or something. the noobs sure are hating on ya lol

Noob just means that I am new to this site, but to car and turbo kits thats a different story altogether, and I am not hating I am explaining. I have met several people with that kit and none stay happy with it because it so limited. That all I am saying. The greddy kit works but its was to exspensive. Oh and Honda S300 is awesome. I would use crome its more user friendly.

Austin

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I found a guy that will sell me a intercooler and the piping with the HKS flange already welded on for 450..... so when it comes down to install time, itll be a peice of cake....

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
imo you pay what say $1700 for the kit the another $450 for piping and intercooler so thats $2150 plus you have a coupe right??? so $2150 to run low 14's?? psssh i did that for $550....not worth it to me...oh and high 13's if you get better management but hey good luck with it i guess it will be faster then it is.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my true goal is to run 13's..... when im done with the kit, then im going to build the head, with a stage 2 turbo cam from crower and a port and polish job, then goes the bottom end.... so its not just the turbo kit in the end.... essentially I will be building it as well.....

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
yes but then you will have a built motor and some dinky ass turbo and then you'll have to buy another manifold/turbo/DP

1 - 20 of 80 Posts