Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys I once saw a DIY thread about this... It was so old the pics where offline... I cannot find it anymore anywhere. I know there is one in archive but is for 96+
Does anybody of have it bookmarked?

Also I have been told about the tranny mount base on chassis must be removed and soldered differently. How true is that?

as always your help is appreciated.

My setup is a jdm d16zc sohc vtec turbo willing to make 200-250 whp... I thought about ex or si tranny any better suggestion?

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
thats a fine setup and yes you will have to do some fabbing to make it fit in there. nothing to horribly hard though.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I've talked to a guy on honda-tech that did this to his EG hatch, I'll check if I still have his screen name.

From what I've heard, it's very similar, except that the transmission mount on the sub frame on EK is bolted on, but on EG it's welded on, so you'll have to do some cutting and welding.... but it's been a while since I've talked to him, so don't quote me on that.

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've talked to a guy on honda-tech that did this to his EG hatch, I'll check if I still have his screen name.

From what I've heard, it's very similar, except that the transmission mount on the sub frame on EK is bolted on, but on EG it's welded on, so you'll have to do some cutting and welding.... but it's been a while since I've talked to him, so don't quote me on that.
Nevermind!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts