Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a great job and am planning on buying a basic 91 crx si to add to my collection of si's. Can i use an intercooler with a JRSC, from the pictures it doesn't seem like it but i thought i would ask someone who has actually had one or knows about them.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
#1 go turbo

#2 go turbo

#3 You can *if you really want to. they have them setup for best use with a water to air cooler. if you look at pictures, the compressor housing is almost touching the throttlebody. but yeah, if you really want to...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No.

There are two types of superchargers: Roots, and Centifugal. JRSC is a Roots-Type. This means it acts as an intake manifold, and has two rods that compress the air.. blah blah blah. I won't bore you on the deals as I was ridiculed for being a "professor" in a previous thread about getitng specific. Anyway.. Vortech uses a centrifugal. A "half turbo" if you will, and they use an "aftercooler".

So, the answer to your question is, no.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
No...if you leave it in its stock location. Yes with a custom fabbed mount, custom header to clear it, remove your a/c (to make for the new JRSc location). If you are new to boosting or have very little experience and are on a somewhat tight budget then the JRSC is a nice choice. I would rather do the homework and go turbo though. Buying a "NEW" Sc kit will definatly kill your budget and be a complete waste of money but if you find one like I did it was a helluva deal. JRSC,8lb pulley, extra hoses all lines needed, 2 belts (one for the 6lb and one for the 8lb pulley, cartech FMU, air/fuel guage, boost guage, B&M fuel pressure guage all that for 1300 bucks. Great deal and I have so far gotten over 30k miles of supercharged use.

However if I were to do it all over I would definalty go turbo. But when I was looking into boost awe hell...I didnt know jack shit!!! I wanted relativly cheap, reliable, easy to use, easy to install, easy to tune power and the JRSc was my best choice. I am not sorry one bit. But like I said knowing what I know now definatly turbo no questions.

p.s. FS used JRSC with everything you need (minus fuel pump) lol j/k

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I saw somewhere that Endyn puts in some wierd membrane after the blower to act as a cooler for the compressed air...anyone heard more on this? It looks like a huge box right between the cyl head and the supercharger.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TurboEF9 said:
Yes! Air can be cooled after ANY compressor. You will just have to fabricate a cooler between the SC and the IM.

TurboEF9 said:
JRSC is a Roots-Type. This means it acts as an intake manifold
No! False! the JRSC only MOUNTS to the IM. In no way does it ACT like an IM.

TurboEF9 said:
and they use an "aftercooler".
an aftercooler chills a fluid after it leaves a pump.
an intercooler chills a fluid in between pumps. Since the engine is also a pump, all air chillers on a honda are intercoolers (unless you want to cool your exhaust gases somewhere under the car).
Aftercoolers are what you see at your city's water treatment plant.

In no way am I trying to put you down. The information was wrong, and I dont want people who read this board to go spout false info to others. I believe that you know what you are talking about, you just didn't word it right.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LHT makes a JRSC intercooler setup. No idea how well it works. Pretty interesting idea though.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sgvridgerunner said:
Yes! Air can be cooled after ANY compressor. You will just have to fabricate a cooler between the SC and the IM.
I know this. But in the few posts I have made to this board, mention the word "fabricate" or do-it-yourself, and everyone jumps down your throat. Which is I opted to answer, no.

sgvridgerunner said:
No! False! the JRSC only MOUNTS to the IM. In no way does it ACT like an IM.
So you're saying that you do not replace your intake manifold with the JRSC? You must then be saying it doesn't bolt to the head directing air into the chambers? ..you're also saying you don't mount your throttlebody to the JRSC? You're also saying that you don't mount your injectors into the JRSC? You continue to say that you don't mount a fuel rail to the JRSC? You don't run your vacuum lines form the JRSC? ..while saying that it in "no way" acts like an intake manifold by taking in air, y evenly distributing air across the chambers? ( http://www.jacksonracing.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=33370 ) Hrm.. I would be interested in seeing your SOHC JRSC setup.

sgvridgerunner said:
an aftercooler chills a fluid after it leaves a pump.
an intercooler chills a fluid in between pumps. Since the engine is also a pump, all air chillers on a honda are intercoolers (unless you want to cool your exhaust gases somewhere under the car).
Aftercoolers are what you see at your city's water treatment plant.
If you want to argue symatics, do it with Vortech. ( http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=VEOS&Product_Code=4HC218-020SQ )

In no way am I trying to put you down. The information was wrong, ( that is your opinion, you are entitled to have one) and I dont want people who read this board to go spout false info to others (then don't post it). I believe that you know what you are talking about (Yes, I do, as I have shown you, you just didn't word it right(You just didn't understand it).

But I appreicate your willingness to... be an ass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts