Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen good things here and was recommended to visit with my ??. 48 yo newbe so here is my ?. 91 ef blown D15B2 motor good auto trans. 95 good D15B7 bad auto trans. I know I can just reuse dual point but want multi from 95 so ? is can I use harness from 95 with trans from 91?I have a 100% complete 95 donor ecu and all. Like I said, I'm 48 and not really looking for performance so to speak witch is why I thought of just engine swap and using old dual point my dist. extend wire for temp. sensor, ect. ect. If it sounds like I know what I'm talking about already, nope just what I read on internet so far but no answer to my specific ?.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Motor-wise, d15b2=d15b7

Re-use d15b2 manifolds, sensors, etc...

The shortblock and head are identical

No idea about the transmissions. I am pretty sure the OBD1 (92-95) transmissions use more electronics to operate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will use dual point for now but also have access to free complete 2000 civic with blown motor good trans. OBD2. Frankenstein B7 long block, multi point, dist. ect. with 2000 trans. in 91 EF?

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can use a 2000 civic transmission, but you will have to use the axles and hubs from the 2000 to make it all work. I would also stay with obd1 for easy tuning.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Unless he is an HF or STD chassis, I dont see a reason for him to swap hubs and axles.

WIRING is the biggest hurdle here.

Important things to note are the solenoids, how it "kicks down" whether via electronics or via a cable, and how the shifter cables hook up.

At this point, it would be easier to try tracking down an EX auto setup, and use the transmission, ecu, wiring, and multiport (4cyl) injection stuff.

From there, an OBD1 conversion MIGHT be possible, but again, transmission electronics will be the hurdle.

I would start looking up wiring diagrams, and verify any differences, and go from there.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
D15B7 with B2 intake swap, extend fan wiring and done, keep the current trans and be done.

Aka long block swap. KISS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
D15B7 long block with B2 acc. project finished and runs fantastic. Even gave me a chance to fix A/C that now comes out of vents at 39 degrees. FK yea!!!! Thanx guys for all your wisdom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts