Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Chevy with a cummins
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I put a 91 si harness in my 89 hatch, but I must've used the dash harness on something else cause I can't find it anywhere. theres a plug hooked to the top of the fusebox, that has 18 pins on the si harness, and the dx harness has 12 pins. I've got a factory wagon service manual and wiring manual but it does'nt actually have any pinouts. how am I gonna figure out what the extra wires run? I thought the factory manuals woulda had that info. Would like to just repin the harness to work but no way to know what goes where. anyone got any pinouts on that stuff?

·
Registered
Chevy with a cummins
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No ideas eh? wonder what the differences are between the three different sizes of plugs? dx, si, or 89-89, 90-91 differences?

·
Registered
1990 CIVIC
989 Posts
if you wanted mpfi the you should look up a how to read read read till you think you are capable of doing it your self with the stock dx harness or order one.

here is a write up

DX,STD (DPFI) -> Si,HX (MPFI) wiring

and if you feel like wiring is not your deal then order one.

Rywire - Online Store

now i dont know how lon it took you to write this thread up but it took me

.27 seconds to find these two link using this one website called google.com try it some time.

·
Registered
Chevy with a cummins
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm fully capable of doing the conversion harness, as i've done it before. I am using a full SI harness this time, except I have misplaced or already used the dash harness in another car already.
Heres my wagon from 10 years ago. definately not a noob at hondas.
vtec wagon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts