Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 EK 4 Door
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna swap a 92-95 sohc vtec into my crx DX .. is this possiable with the dx i kno it is with the si an the HF ...but how about the DX? do i have to swap the harness out ? i kno the dx model only has to fuel in jectors so thats why i would swap out the harness rather then wiring for the new fuel injectors ... and i also know i would need to get a jump harness for the obdo - obd1.. all i wanna kno is it possiable to put the engine in a DX and can you put a Si or HF harness in the car to make the engine work .. i kno there is other wiring for the 02 sensor and distributor and Vtec. Thanks

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Si harness will not work. You need to modify your DX harness. First you need to do a DPFI-MPFI conversion. Then, you can use a modified OBD0 ECU or do it properly and do a OBD0-OBD1 conversion as well. Engine will mount just fine.

·
Registered
98 EK 4 Door
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i guess im probably just better off gettin a HF or Si so i dont have to deal with that ... it would just be dealing with the distributor ... o2 sensor and ecu jumper harness from 0bdo - obd1 right?

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
so i guess im probably just better off gettin a HF or Si so i dont have to deal with that ... it would just be dealing with the distributor ... o2 sensor and ecu jumper harness from 0bdo - obd1 right?
It's no big deal. You will also have to add 4 wires for the VTEC components if you're going that way. If it seems like the wiring is beyond you, rywire.com is you friend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts