Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building a 91 crx from scratch, looking to build and boost a zc. Now i was reading up on the *Read this if your thinking of going turbo* thread, and from what i've read, the ideal engine management setup would be to do an ob2 ecu conversion for better tuning.

Since i am pretty lazy and get home late, i don't get enough time to sit on the internet to search through the site for more info on this, wondering what type of setup i should be going with.

Do i go with and obd2a or obd2b, if i was to purchase one off something like xenocron does it come with a data port conector, and harness info.. can i purchase an ecu jumper harness or do i have to change the entire harness...

I know noob questions, but i`m rebuilding this car from scratch, the only things left in it are the rear quarter windoes and i have a ton of work to do and not a long time to do it in so i need some help quick.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
only reason i could see going from OBD0 to OBD2 is if you got a killer deal on something like a aem ems system that was OBD2, otherwise you want OBD1 has mentioned

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
Lulz why do you think so many obd-2 to obd-1 conversion harnesses are out there? Do more research and you should come up with all the answers. There are hella threads about turbo management and the best routes to take.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
)(#*$*(&#$ OBD converstions. Runa chipped PM6 (OBD0) ECU, and tune with TurboEdit. You do NOT need to do any concersions at all.

The only time conversion is necessary is when you HAVE a car that came from the factory with OBD2 (96+ model years) because OBD2 ECUs are, so far, very unfriendly to tuners.

Since you have an OBD0 car, get a spare PM6 ECU, chip it, get a hulog, wideband, and ostrich and tune the car. When you put the turbo bits on the engine, tune for the larger injectors.

It's reeeeeeally just that simple.

·
Registered
293 Posts
)(#*$*(&#$ OBD converstions. Runa chipped PM6 (OBD0) ECU, and tune with TurboEdit. You do NOT need to do any concersions at all.

The only time conversion is necessary is when you HAVE a car that came from the factory with OBD2 (96+ model years) because OBD2 ECUs are, so far, very unfriendly to tuners.

Since you have an OBD0 car, get a spare PM6 ECU, chip it, get a hulog, wideband, and ostrich and tune the car. When you put the turbo bits on the engine, tune for the larger injectors.

It's reeeeeeally just that simple.

Treated!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts