Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I acquired this beauty about 3 months ago. Fella lived in Maryland and it had sat for 10 years and needed a new home. I did a carfax on it immediately and what do you know the odometer read 73k miles just as carfax stated. He told me it was built by a fella by the name of francis that owned some tuning shop in md. It has since closed and so no way to get ahold of him. I took the pan of and wah lahh. it has forged internals. But... Neither the block or girdle is notched. Its a d16a6 I can understand how the girdle might not have to be due to the smaller rod bolts but what about the block? I researched it and found that it does in fact hit if you use H beam rods therefore you must notch the block. Now I found out also if it has been sleeved that is about the only way around having to notch the block. The car was built between 95-97 does anyone know of any companies that sleeved back then? Block has also been oringed port and polished head spring and retainers bullfrog cam etc. I will not be afraid to turbo it but I would like to know how else to identify if it has been sleeved or not wo pulling the head. Any information you may have for me please chime in . Who knows someone on here may have info on this car. Its spent most of its life in md. I have more pictures also incase someone recognizes it

Attachments

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
crower I-beam rods don't require block notching and would also have been around back then, pretty much only way to be sure it's been sleeved is to pull the head...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Kinda confusing but sounds like he already pulled the head if he discovered that it is o-ringed. OP should post some more pics.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No the guy I bought it from told me it was oringed. As for rods they are Def h beam. I kinda figured that was the only way to tell by pulling the head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts