Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
91 honda crx hf
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
as for the ecu, I have a 91 crx si ecu that is unchipped that I am going to use. I'm staying obd0. if I run into issues I might get a hold of you about chipping and basemap.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Ebay $50 4-2-1 header is your best bet. Staying obd0 is a good thing, no need to go obd1. You could def pick up a few mpg with a chipped/tuned setup. You can chip/tune obd0 just as easily.

·
Registered
91 honda crx hf
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The exhaust parts are ordered, new flywheel and clutch kit are here, the motor is together and In time. Tonight I am going to clean the engine bay, bolt up the flywheel, clutch, and transmission, and get everything ready to go into the car in the morning. I'm hoping to at least have the intake hooked up and axles in by 1pm.

·
Registered
91 honda crx hf
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
hey guys. I fired the crx up just half an hour ago, I was seeing code 7 for throttle position sensor. I just put a Throttle Position sensor on that throttle body the other day. any ideas as to why it would be showing this code?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Is the tps adjusted right? Do you have the right plug on the tps? I ask this cause the map sensor and tps use the same plug.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
91 honda crx hf
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It runs!!!! the SI transmission is a bit low geared, but it makes for a fun ride. there is a lot of response compared to the HF setup. I have the new exhaust coming in just a few days. the O2 sensor is now throwing code 1, i may have to get one of the adapters to fool the ecu. it needs a new outer tie rod and an alignment but other than that it is back on the road. thanks for the help. i have pictures of the build on my facebook that i will post here later.

·
Registered
91 honda crx hf
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
ok, i installed the new exhaust and it runs great sans the o2 code and the lousy tuner sound. i'm going to install a cat and try putting a non fouler in between the o2 and the manifold. I want it quiet enough to pass inspection and obviously cannot have a CEL when i go in for an inspection sticker.

·
Registered
91 honda crx hf
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
hey. I'm still having a lot of issues with the oxygen sensor. I replaced it last night and tried the trick with the spark plug non fouler, but on the way to work thismorning it ran like crap and after about 20 minutes the CEL came on and it sputtered and fell on its nose. the old o2 sensor was white, and i've been reading that this could be caused by sylicone contamination. I did use some rtv on a couple things(cant remember exactly what) before my neighbor informed me that I may regret it later.... I was under the assumption that he meant because the gasket would leak. at constant throttle it acts as though it is not getting any fuel, then stutters when given throttle till over 3500 where it smooths out. I obviously cant keep reving it all the time. I haven't cleared the ECU yet, but I doubt that will help considering the issues. This is my first build with anything that wasn't a carburated v8 dodge. what are your thoughts here?

·
Registered
91 honda crx hf
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
had a thought. with switching from an hf with an egr to an si intake with no egr, would that cause any issues? i'm using an si ecu, so i'm thinking NO, but it still strikes me as some dumb little thing that would keep my motor from running propperly

·
Registered
91 honda crx hf
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
ok, I took the crx out to my dad's and we ran it then did some tests. eventually we worked our way to the fuel pressure regulator, pinched the return hose and the car magically ran better. I happened to have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator sitting in my garage, so I put it on. I installed my old oxygen sensor in the second hole on the header and ran a wire to the o2 plug in then just blanked the one on the header down pipe. took it down the road and it ran great.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts