Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nor Cal D-series rider
2017 FK8 Type-R / 1993 DX hatch / 2001 LX coupe
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday, I had my first "real" races in the Civic against a '91 240SX on a 2.4 mile country straightaway.

The 240 only has exhaust. My 4-speed Civic's setup is stock D15 + MPFI, intake/ZC header/exhaust, A6 cam, and P28 ECU. Cheap stuff.

1st race: 15 mph roll.. first to 90 wins! I jump ahead by half a car before 2nd gear. I wind second out and have a whole car advantage at 65 mph. Then the dreaded STD/HF 3rd.. I watch the red Chuki pass me in the low 70's & put about 4-5 cars on me before I see brake lights. Nissan wins.

2nd race: 35 to top speed. We punch it and I get off nicely since I'm in first and the Nissans in 2nd.. shift.. I have a full car by 3rd but quickly lose ground and watch the Nissan howl by and put 5 cars on me to the 115 governer. Driver is just cruising at 115 now as I pass and finally let off in the low 120's. Draw; Nissan = quicker, Honda = faster.

3 race: 0-65 mph drag. I say fuck roll racing. Its all car, not driver anyways. Like rotory20 said "If you want to race from a roll, join NASCAR." I feel good since I have better tires and clutch.

We line up and I hold the engine at 4,200 rpms. "3.. 2..1.. GO!!" I put 2 & 1/2 cars on the 240 and top out second at around 70 and shut it down for the night.
Honda wins. Civic 1, 240SX 1, 1 Draw.

I wasn't surprised by the Nissan. Ryan89CRX can confirm this, they're punchy and run mid to low 15's stock. :TU: I have a D16Z6 and Si 5-speed tranny awaiting rebuilds this summer and don't think her S13 will fare as well next time.

Girls car.. old pic.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
MMMmmm.... Well atleast you won. I have a 94 dx hatch with d15b7 intake, no A/C, P-28 computer, Timming is way off. Yeah i lost to a mini-van early 90's Pontiac lookin minivan < not cool at all!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
i always wanted a 240sx :( and ended with an ef, can't complain tho.. anyway nice kill....but careful with street racing :TD:

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts

·
Nor Cal D-series rider
2017 FK8 Type-R / 1993 DX hatch / 2001 LX coupe
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyway nice kill....but careful with street racing :TD:
I agree, :TD: to street racing. But we did it WAY out in the country on a 2.4 mile straightaway and saw 2 other cars all night. We could top our cars out with nearly a mile of road left.

And yea, the 240SX was a car I considered before buying my EF, along with the Mk. III Supra, the 300ZX, and the 4th gen Camaro/Firebird.

After driving them all, I chose the EF because of insurance costs and gas mileage (I was in high school then), but damn 240's are fun to drive. :TU:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Good kill man it sounds like you had fun. This was (to me) a believeable story. Good kill, and be careful!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts