Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
I got a promoted! And I'm PINK!!
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, well i am mocking up my turbo, get the manifold and turbo and wastegate altogether, bolt it in the car, and wow. a super tight fit.

i have a Mini ram manifold
t3/t4 turbo
JGS precision turbo 40mm wastegate(older version, still one of the slimmist ones on the market)

one main problem i see, is the wastegate dump tube.
their is NO room that i can see to mount it.

so i am asking, what do you guys with 88-91's do?
i have a delsol dual core half rad.

here are some photos to show you what i mean when i say no clearance.

the manifold, turbo and wastegate.

cant turn the wastegate and mount it this way, the 90* bend schedule 40 i have wont clear.

and turn it the otehr way, have about a 1" gapo between wastegate exit and rad.

so wtf?
any help/input appreciated, larger/more photos avaliable if needed.

i also will be using a slim fan mounted on the otherside of the rad, so that clears up room for the downpipe, but still have issues with the wastegate.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
relocate the rad and provide adequate air to it with shrouding.

since that is not the stock rad for that car, you shouldnt have problems doing this :p
either that or your gonna have to cut it and turn it 90 deg.....as far as price for re tig should be pretty cheap maybe like 20 bux..

·
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
relocate the rad and provide adequate air to it with shrouding.

since that is not the stock rad for that car, you shouldnt have problems doing this :p
the rad is located as far to the pass side as it can be. there is no where else to relocate it to.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
id say cutting the wastegate flange off is ur best bet...

·
Registered
615 Posts
yeah, i might have found another way, not sure yet.

ran into another problem, the oil drain, the turbo hangs so low its going to be a bitch to make the oil drain line.
if your turbo is too low to get a good drain then you need to get a pump setup going. thats why i stick to log manis

·
Registered
6 Posts
we had this problem boosting a b20 in an ef hatch. we took the 90 and cut it short so it would be alot closer to the wastegate. it looked funny but it worked

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Cut the wg flange off and rotate it 90* so the dump is facing up...then you can fab a dump pipe to work around your constraints.

edit: My oil drain was also really low so I used some 45* fittings on the turbo and oil pan, works fine.

·
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cut the wg flange off and rotate it 90* so the dump is facing up...then you can fab a dump pipe to work around your constraints.

edit: My oil drain was also really low so I used some 45* fittings on the turbo and oil pan, works fine.
yeah i think im do that.

here is what i have for oil line fittings
Function7 -10an adapter
summit -10 an to hose fitting
summit 45* -10an to hose fitting
and a -10 weld on fitting

and i dont think they will fit, the turbo center housing has to be turned 45* to clear the crossmember, and it sits something like this:

thats another reason i want to trade for a log manifold.

·
11,892 Posts
How long are those AN fittings? The 45* fitting I used on my oil pan is about 2.5" long.

·
11,892 Posts
4" without the weld bung on it.:(

i want to use this manifold, but i am thinking about just going with a log.
Just change your fittings dude. You might have to do without the baller AN fittings but that would be easier IMO than going through the hassle of swapping manifolds.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts