Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wheel hub blew out and I need to replace it. I ordered a wheel hub for my Honda and realized that the end of the axle was too small for the hub. So now I realize that I need a hub off of a civic STD but I can't find them online or at pick a part. What are my options? Could I swap the passenger side axle from another non STD civic to make it match up with my new hub?

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
How about you try Google and find what car you can get the correct hub from. We're not here to be your brain, use your own however difficult it may be for you.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about you try Google and find what car you can get the correct hub from. We're not here to be your brain, use your own however difficult it may be for you.
Was there any point to this? Really pisses me off that people here are so quick to fucking say this. I have done my research. Like I said, the std hub is different than every other civic hub. Which is why I asked if there are any axles that would fit in my 4 speed trans and the SI hub. Have a nice day sir.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
You haven't done shit for research. Maybe you should research how to research. It took me 2 seconds and the first link had the answer.

It really pisses me off how ignorant people can be and expect someone else to just give them the answer when if they made any effort themselves they could find it faster than the time it takes to ask someone else.

If you had done any research before buying the hub you wouldn't have this problem in the first place. Go back to the noob section and stay there until you learn how to read and find information yourself.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You haven't done shit for research. Maybe you should research how to research. It took me 2 seconds and the first link had the answer.

It really pisses me off how ignorant people can be and expect someone else to just give them the answer when if they made any effort themselves they could find it faster than the time it takes to ask someone else.

If you had done any research before buying the hub you wouldn't have this problem in the first place. Go back to the noob section and stay there until you learn how to read and find information yourself.
You're honestly a loser. If you aren't helping then there's no point in commenting. Idk if being a dick is fun to your or what. If you don't want to be constructive on forums, you shouldn't even be browsing them TBH.

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
400 Posts
I have some sympathy with both viewpoints.

On the one hand, most car-based questions have an answer somewhere on the net (and often on this forum). On the other, many noobs become frustrated when their searches are hampered by simply not knowing exactly how to phrase the question. I know this - I've been in the same boat.

OP: do you know the part number you're looking for? If not, have you at least got the car's chassis number? If the part you bought new is too small, you'd be better off getting your money back and keep looking.

Chris: if it really took you only 2 seconds, you could have posted the link more quickly than writing the next 2 paragraphs. If your neighbour had the same problems fitting a hub, would you have been as rude or would you have helped him find the solution?

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have some sympathy with both viewpoints.

On the one hand, most car-based questions have an answer somewhere on the net (and often on this forum). On the other, many noobs become frustrated when their searches are hampered by simply not knowing exactly how to phrase the question. I know this - I've been in the same boat.

OP: do you know the part number you're looking for? If not, have you at least got the car's chassis number? If the part you bought new is too small, you'd be better off getting your money back and keep looking.

Chris: if it really took you only 2 seconds, you could have posted the link more quickly than writing the next 2 paragraphs. If your neighbour had the same problems fitting a hub, would you have been as rude or would you have helped him find the solution?
I don't have the oe part number but I do know that my car is an ed6. It is the STD base model

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I typed in 91 civic std hub on ebay and got mixed results

BUT I took the time to read the description of some of those parts, and they CLEARLY indicate which car their parts fit.

This is what is meant when we say research. Research means you are reading far more than just a title to get information.

It also helps you determine which online sources are trash talking kids who dont give a fuck, and which ones are actually present to learn something

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I typed in 91 civic std hub on ebay and got mixed results

BUT I took the time to read the description of some of those parts, and they CLEARLY indicate which car their parts fit.

This is what is meant when we say research. Research means you are reading far more than just a title to get information.

It also helps you determine which online sources are trash talking kids who dont give a fuck, and which ones are actually present to learn something
I too looked at eBay, looked at every option for the front hub. I see the ones that fit civics of my year, just not the std model. I also looked for crx hf hub to no avail.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,384 Posts
Get in the zone, Autozone.
napa know how

You're honestly a loser. If you aren't helping then there's no point in commenting. Idk if being a dick is fun to your or what. If you don't want to be constructive on forums, you shouldn't even be browsing them TBH.
so, because he's not spoon feeding you, youre going to be a salty little bitch? lol. stop being lazy noob, spend more than 2 minutes on google before asking others to do the hard work. and third, we just love it when noobs think theyre too big for their britches, it makes it more entertaining

if only there was a website that was dedicated to Honda parts that could give you a part number or even references.....

http://www.hondapartsguru.com/honda/civic-hatchback/44300sb2966/1991-year/std-trim/4-speed-manual-engine/chassis-cat/knuckle-scat/?part_name=bearing-assy-fr-hub-toyo-seiko

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,425 Posts
Chris has taken on my no/limited spoon feeding position. The info is out there...if you look for it.

Oh yeah, new hubs aren't out there.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
no but they are NEW hubs, which are typically a pain in the ass to find, and might offer a better path to getting the car running when matched with the correct axles bearings etc and might be easier than scouring salvage yards for 30 year old parts, and then possibly finding them in a pick a part and having to dig the parts out wanted without being charged for piles of other crap.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts