So, back on page two, you will see that we had a problem with a head bolt. Well, after 2 trips to Hallett and numerous autoX runs the engine was deemed solid. Well, we started losing water and after about 45 minutes of track time the radiator was empty. Tried the pepper trick and it seemed to work, we were only adding 1/2 gallon of water per driver stint. After it sat overnight, it decided it wasn't having it.
Too late in the day to do anything with the engine, we figured out that cylinder #1 was pressurizing the coolant system, so pulled the spark plug out of cylinder #1 and unplug the injector allowed the cylinder to vent to atmosphere. We now had a 3-cylinder Tape-R go-kart as it sounded like a Briggs and Stratton tearing (slowly) down the straights. Only lost 7 seconds off the pace, though, and were still able to turn faster laps than a few cars.
For our efforts and no-quit attitude, we were awarded Organizer's Choice!
Another great race, can't wait to do it again!
...and the best pic of the weekend!
We use WifiLapper for in-car telemtry, this is the data it spit out from our previous testing at Hallett