Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm sure you can tell I'm new to this site and forum and I'm posting to see if anyone will give me some suggestions on what and how to do anything to my 91 civic hatch. I'm only eighteen, and I'm still in high school.
Now to tell you about the car itself, it's nothing special just a 91 civic hatchback, there are basically no mods to the engine or car itself except for the exhaust, that is brand new. When I bought the car, or shell that came along with it as a bonus. I'll take some pictures tomorrow during the day and show you what I'm working with, and maybe someone on this forum can shoot me some suggestions on what to do and how to do it to the car. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
hhuummm, not to be an ass but a lot may be answered by searching. but what is the surprise?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I started working on Honda's when I was 17 years old and largely in part with this website when I joined 2+ years ago I learned a lot about how thing's work through searching.

Yes d-series.org need's to get a new search engine but it work's to a degree when you learn how to use it.

I would suggest taking it slow at first if you have no mechanical experience, stay away from altezza lights and body kits oh and welcome to d-series

·
Registered
89 Posts
best thing to do is read every post on every thread that looks interesting to you, or something that you did not already know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot for all the replies, I know if I searched a little more on this site I'd find some shit, but I wanted to see if anyone had the same car and wanted to shoot me some suggestions, CivicHatch91, your car looks sick man, mine sits very low like yours, I guess the other owner threw some lowering springs on the body, and it's all stock bumper kits and everything, and don't worry about the Altezza lights and body kits, I really cant stand the majority of body kits.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and if y'all would like to see some pics just let me know and I'll try and figure out how to upload some on here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

Okay, so this is my 91 Civic Si, like I said a few posts back, it needs work, I'm getting some Halo Projection headlights for Christmas, and I'm gonna have around $300 after Christmas to buy some things, anything you guys think I should spend the money on? The car currently has no stereo, no passenger side headlight, and it seems like the other owner backed into something and there's a decent sized dent in the passenger side rear quarter panel. It's half black (spraypaint) and half primer (also spraypaint) so it'll be painted soon.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
civic si, where is the sunroof. how does it run, mileage, suspension components. take care of the basic thing first that need replaced.

look up a $50 paint job, if done right it can look good.

friend had halo's on his rex and they sucked, just fyi.

good set of stockers and silverstars

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hold on Qweakers, lol; Don't forget I'm eighteen and I'm new to honda's I can take some pics of the stuff on it tomorrow in the morning, but I have no idea what's on it to tell you the truth. And at this point any headlight would be good for me, I can't drive at night :( so they'll work for me, for now...Thanks for the heads up though, anything helps. 50$ paint job, looking it up NOW. lol Thanks a lot once again. Keep em' coming.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
just saying it is more important to have it run right and handle right then worry about dumping money into right away. specially if that money could have went to preventing a failure and leaving you without transportation.

oh one more thing don't ever get rid of a car for girl, lol. i still miss my s12

the more detailed pics and info you can give use the more we can help

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Hold on Qweakers, lol; Don't forget I'm eighteen and I'm new to honda's I can take some pics of the stuff on it tomorrow in the morning, but I have no idea what's on it to tell you the truth. And at this point any headlight would be good for me, I can't drive at night :( so they'll work for me, for now...Thanks for the heads up though, anything helps. 50$ paint job, looking it up NOW. lol Thanks a lot once again. Keep em' coming.
rattle can paint job :)

once you get the car all the way street able a dpfi-->mpfi would be my first real mod.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Almost everything with the engine is solid right now, maybe a few things that need to be secured properly and a little more safely, but other than that me and my step-dad have replaced the engine with one we found for a good price, it runs GREAT. Of course I've barely driven it due to the fact that it kept having problems, two days at max. The woman thing......NEVERRRRRRR, I love this car more than I will any woman, it'll forever be my first LOVE.
rattle can paint job

once you get the car all the way street able a dpfi-->mpfi would be my first real mod.
Kinda lost on the dpfi and the mpfi------> I'm a N00B.
Will take pictures tomorrow when I get home from taking someone to the airport. Thanks again.
More PLEASE! :)
You guys are already making my welcome SWEET!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
basically take the crap dpfi intake (2 injectors) off and replace it with a mpfi intake (4 injectors). entails swapping the ecu, dizzy to and redoing some wiring. should give you some more power, then you can drop a A6 cam in for more power, and of course the usual bolt on's.

did you change the timing belt, waterpump and such on the new engine

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright, thanks man. Not so sure about the waterpump, we did replace the timing belt, we've been concentrating on getting the damn thing running lol. Like I said, tomorrow I'll clean it up a little and take some pictures, let you see what I'm working with.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey man u should check out mine and my buddies build its a 90 si hatch so most things are the same and the guy who posted the thread would be a great asset to use as a friend hes only 19 and has a great deal of knowledge about that car hit him up......owe here's the link http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/120932-1990-civic-si-a6-z6-mini-me.html

welcome to dso
pm me if u need anything we've got lots of spare parts lying around the garage

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks a lot man, I will definately check it out, and I'll be sure to PM you and see if y'all can help out in any way. I'm starting to think this forum is pretty different from the others, not everyone on here are assholes. Lol.

·
Registered
214 Posts
no most people here are pretty decent ppl and will help if asked they hate stupid questions though u can find most anything on this site if u take a little bit sit down and search remember most questions have been asked its a Honda so just take your time there a simple car to work on and a great starter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also, this car will be my daily driver for a few months, hopefully I'll be able to buy my uncle's 95, 2 Door civic, it's got a GSR engine in it I think, something like that, alls I know is we've blown past people at 160 and it's not boosted or anything absolutely natural. Then when that happens I can put all my money into fixing this baby up :) can't wait.

·
Registered
214 Posts
owe and u should find the nearest pick and pull its a great asset for the student on a budget that car can be made pretty fast and reliable for pretty cheap that way just gotta know wht to look for...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts