Honda D Series Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
4,831 Posts
Let me check what I have in the garage over the weekend and reply Monday, I may have an A6 throttle body (with good TPS), intake and injectors. I don't have the ECU or injector plugs that you need but it's a start.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Let me check what I have in the garage over the weekend and reply Monday, I may have an A6 throttle body (with good TPS), intake and injectors. I don't have the ECU or injector plugs that you need but it's a start.
Sweet, looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I didn't know there was a V6 Prelude.
I'm guessing someone put an Accord engine in it? I don't suppose it was an easy swap.
Dude!!! you are right.
Its an I4... I bought it and never actually looked. I doesn't run and I've literally been putting in 70 hours or more of overtime every month since i bought it.
I bought it from a guy who was gonna scrap it, and I just took his word for it. For the price I paid I'm not upset.

Thanks for the heads up, I feel like such an idiot.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If you can save the car, please do.

It probably has a 1.8 litre engine, but a 2.0 litre was also available in Japan and Europe.
If it's original, you can tell by the inlet: 1.8 = carbs, 2.0 = injection. Obviously, anything could have been played with in 34+ years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

It probably has a 1.8 litre engine, but a 2.0 litre was also available in Japan and Europe.
If it's original, you can tell by the inlet: 1.8 = carbs, 2.0 = injection. Obviously, anything could have been played with in 34+ years.
its got carbs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Definitely saved it from the scrapper. And I have interest from 2 different people right now. Both want to get it running. so, here soon I should be able to move it on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Update!

After 8 months of waiting for a bill of sale (Wyoming is crazy about notarized titles and official bills of sale). The prelude has finally been titled and sold. It's going home with a guy who wants to put it back in the road (as soon as he comes to get it).

The Civic received some front end love. All new upper and lower control arms, ball joints, sway bar links, wheel bearings, passenger side CV axle, inner and outer tie rods, A freebie set of HX rims from a co-worker and some new tires and an alignment. She rides allot better now. Will post pictures when I get a chance. On the agenda still: timing set with water pump. Exhaust (have it just need to put it in).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Also... A/C delete!!! I don't use a/c any way. I was surfing YouTube saw a video buy garage built Honda and decided to pull it all out. It's hard to believe that I have a car with only one accessory on the engine.

IMG_20180301_024828-COLLAGE-600x800_1528542563113.jpg

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
If your screws/bolts are removable from teh DPFI intake cover, you should be able to clean up the guts a bit for a bit mroe power and response.

MPFI intake setup is the easiest way to gain 20+ horsepower though.

If you need to pass some sort of quick visual, or simply want it somewhat stock appearing, a d16y7 intake setup is the way to go. You will still get the benefit of moving to 4port injection, but you still will have an intake designed for low and lower midrange performance rather than overall or upper rpm range

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
If your screws/bolts are removable from teh DPFI intake cover, you should be able to clean up the guts a bit for a bit mroe power and response.

MPFI intake setup is the easiest way to gain 20+ horsepower though.

If you need to pass some sort of quick visual, or simply want it somewhat stock appearing, a d16y7 intake setup is the way to go. You will still get the benefit of moving to 4port injection, but you still will have an intake designed for low and lower midrange performance rather than overall or upper rpm range
Great advice. I should probably clean that out a bit. Mpfi swap is somewhere in my future when I get all the parts put together (money from selling the prelude). Wyoming doesn't really care about modified engines on the road. I've never even been pulled over for my exhaust noise. (Right now my tailpipe is cut off right after the resonator).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Had a little time tonight between other projects. I needed to figure out what was bent, turns out I need a front bumper bar... But, while I was in the neighborhood I upgraded to a set of Buick horns.
IMG_20180621_011611.jpg

·
Registered
976 Posts
Do you actually use the horn enough that they needed an "upgrade" ?
I never use mine..
Anyways keep up the work man!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I never use mine..
in my EK i've had 2 OEM horns fail on me haha, i dunno what was killing them. Upgraded to a european Astra horn, which has a nice barpy tone instead of beepy. Much more manly when you're trying to prove dominance in a carpark :p.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I never use mine..
Honestly, no. For the most part I use the horns to honk at friends as I drive by. But, I was at the yard with cash and they didn't have any of the parts I was looking for that day. The horns work for me.
Nothing on this vehicle is there because the vehicle "needed" to be upgraded. It's a freaking sedan that's been chopped to resemble a pickup truck. It's all over the top and more fun than a 1991 economy car expects be.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Honestly, no. For the most part I use the horns to honk at friends as I drive by. But, I was at the yard with cash and they didn't have any of the parts I was looking for that day. The horns work for me.
Nothing on this vehicle is there because the vehicle "needed" to be upgraded. It's a freaking sedan that's been chopped to resemble a pickup truck. It's all over the top and more fun than a 1991 economy car expects be.
Yeah I understand the opportunity was there might as well make the best of it.
That's how I ended up with about 20 ECUS and 10 wiring harnesses.

Before anyone ask all the ECU's were donated to Humble a few months back.
The harnesses have all been scavenged for pigtail and pieces for friends.

I never leave a junkyard empty handed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
its been a long time!

Since replacing the horns I haven't got nearly as much as I'd like. It is winter now and I still have open gaps to the outside world. But, I did manage to get my exhaust done in early august.

I have been going through the chassis harness and removing unnecessary wires from here. I think I removed almost 3 pounds of wires and re-wrapped the few remaining wires. I removed all the wires and the control module for the retracting seat belts. I finally chased down and removed the remaining wires for the third brake light and rear defrost. I cleaned up all of the grounds that congregate at the b pillar.

In October I found a running 98 LX that had been parked because of brake issues (its a rusted out Minnesota car). I was able to pick it up for $200. :punk: It runs and has over 250k on it, so I'm gathering parts for a rebuild now. I picked up a manual Y8 manifold to pair to my Y7. V-tech isn't a priority to me so, I'm sticking with my Y7 head.

D15 is still hanging in here, but at 232k its wearing out. I'm going through about a quart and a half every 1k now. it'll be nice do drop a fresh motor in hopefully this coming summer. I'll get some pictures setup here soon when I get a chance to reduce their size.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Update on the Prelude. I sold it to a guy who sold it to a guy who has it back on the road. He uses it to commute to work.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts