Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to replace my axle seal tonight and I ordered part # 91205-PL3-B01, the I.D. is larger then what I took out. Does anyone have the correct part #? It's a 1991 Civic Si with the standard D16 in it.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
I tried to replace my axle seal tonight and I ordered part # 91205-PL3-B01, the I.D. is larger then what I took out. Does anyone have the correct part #? It's a 1991 Civic Si with the standard D16 in it.
90-91 Si Honda parts database is messed up, order a seal for 92-95 drivers side.

Should be 91205-PL3-A01

B01 is for Wagon RTAWD and B series, 90-93.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
90-91 Si Honda parts database is messed up, order a seal for 92-95 drivers side.

Should be 91205-PL3-A01

B01 is for Wagon RTAWD and B series, 90-93.
sweet, the measurements seem to match up perfectly.

Is 91206-PL3-A01 the correct seal for the passenger side?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Heres what I do anytime i take out a cv,,,,Go to your local bearing supply house, bring the seal in with you and they sell you a new one for 3-4$ make sure to get a seal with both the axial, and radial wiper. (as a conventional seal usually has just a radial wiper)
usually the bearing supply house seal will be a little thinner...eg 6mm wide,,, vrs your stock seal at 8mm wide. This is not a problem, just be sure the face of the seal is flush with the cast boss on your transmission- when installing (I hand start make sure its square, then drive flush with a 2x2x1" thick block of wood), clean and apply oil to seal faces.......and your done.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Heres what I do anytime i take out a cv,,,,Go to your local bearing supply house, bring the seal in with you and they sell you a new one for 3-4$ make sure to get a seal with both the axial, and radial wiper. (as a conventional seal usually has just a radial wiper)
usually the bearing supply house seal will be a little thinner...eg 6mm wide,,, vrs your stock seal at 8mm wide. This is not a problem, just be sure the face of the seal is flush with the cast boss on your transmission- when installing (I hand start make sure its square, then drive flush with a 2x2x1" thick block of wood), clean and apply oil to seal faces.......and your done.
Heres what I do anytime i take out a cv,,,,Go to your local dealership and get the correct part the first time, all the time.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
Heres what I do anytime i take out a cv,,,,Go to your local dealership and get the correct part the first time, all the time.
But how can you get the correct part if the parts database is wrong????

·
Registered
91 civic Base
49 Posts
part number 91205-PL3-B01 for left and 91206-PL3-A01 for right side.
found these parts numbers on World Pac, the company i work for orders parts through them for OEM replacements so they should be good numbers.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
bones right, 5th gen dx axle seals.

had this very same issue on my second tranny swap on my 90 dx 4dr

pain in the nutsack

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
part number 91205-PL3-B01 for left and 91206-PL3-A01 for right side.
found these parts numbers on World Pac, the company i work for orders parts through them for OEM replacements so they should be good numbers.
91205-PL3-B01 is wrong number, they are just copying Honda's fuckup.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
bone, you should throw that info into one of your many tranny threads for sticky powah.

the honda dealership parts guy was flabbergasted that *GASP* hondas part numbers were wrong!!!

lol

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
bone, you should throw that info into one of your many tranny threads for sticky powah.

the honda dealership parts guy was flabbergasted that *GASP* hondas part numbers were wrong!!!

lol
I'll bet it is already in a sticky somewhere.....what we need, moar stickys :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts