Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 hatch winter car
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay everyone im the new kid in town and i just reasontly picked up a 91 civic dx hatch. Now i have a question for any one who would like to help me. Ok well i have two engines laying around. I have a b18a1 and a d16y7. The b18 is completely dissassembled. From what the prevous owner told me he had bought it from a guy many years ago completely dissambled as is so my gess is its been dissassmbled for around 6-7 years. The y7 on the other hand i bought reasontly from my local honda delarship for $100:honda::blue: the tecnission said the it had a slight rod nock but it ran. So anyway i gess my question is witch should i build im looking for around 200-250 hp and the easyist swapp wins lol (firstswap:shifty:) o frogot to ask i also need to know what i would need to do each swap. Also if i were to go with the y7 would a si tranny with the code of sl3 work cuz that what i have in there now. Thanks to all who resopond!!!!!

·
Registered
97 EK coupe
690 Posts
rebuild the y7 and boost it. you will cet to ur goal on stock internals. unless u want more then u would need vitaras and forged rods

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
rebuilt y7. hell rebuild it using cheap ass parts and hit it with a 55 shot of nitrous.

^not recomended, but it will meet your goals

stock rebuild, and a cheap turbo kit should fix your wagon

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
First and foremost, I'm going to recommend you do a whole lot of reading and searching. It doesn't sound like you're up for the B18 project. It's going to require things like a trans, axles, mounts, etc. The Y7 will bolt into your Civic, so that's my choice.

It's up to you, but if you're going to need to rebuild your Y7 anyways, I would go ahead and do a forged rod/Vitara setup. The only real way you're going to get 200HP+ is with a turbo. Fresh stock block is probably good to 250HP as already mentioned. As far as the trans goes, you want a cable Si trans with the B000 casting code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts