Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the other night i was bored so i went out cruising looking for people to mess with since i finally got my car running right...my car 90 si hatch, stock a6 block, a6 tranny, z6 head, z6 manifold, ebay 3 inch intake pipe, aem filter, 2.25 inch crush bend exhuast, obd1 conversion runing a chipped p28 w/vtec at 4500rpm...

ran into some guys at one of the local spots and ran them for shiets and gigles

ran the ep3 first, he had just i-e
first gear, i launched at about 4500, pulled about half a car on him off the line, shift to second, pull a little more, all through second i pulled steadily, shift to third, and there was about a car between his front bumper and my rear bumper....by the time i shifted to third had probably 2-3 cars between our cars....

busted a u and he wanted to go from a roll, so we went from a 25 roll, 3 honk and were off, right of the gun, i pull slightly, shift to second and pulled to about where he is at my rear bumper, then we hit third and slowed down...

next the 1999 si wanted to give it a run b/c he didnt believe that the ep3 lost...
this guy had a i-h-e
from a stop, i pulled about half a car off the launch, shift to second, and i pulled to about a car between our bumpers, all through second and shifting to third, i was probably 3-4 cars ahead so i just slowed down....

he wanted to go again, so we raced again, this time i got to happy at the line and reved to high, he pulled me off the line, but shift to second and i slowly reeled him in, shift to third and i pass him, then by the time we shifted to fourth i could see just a little space between his front bumper and my rear...

next the ls wanted to run, he had i-h-e-testpipe-msd ignition....
from a stop it was too fun, launch and were about even, but as shifted to second and i just pulled away, then shift to third and i was already 3-4 cars ahead so i slowed down....

turned around and asked if he wanted to go again, and he said from a roll, so three honk and were off, i let him get the jump and then gunned it after him, hit second and i'm realing him in slowly, hit third and i just pulled steadily away from im, by the time i hit fourth, i was probaly 2-3 cars ahead....

all in all, i'm pretty shocked with how the car pulls, i didnt think that just adding the vtec head will help out that much, before i added the vtec head, non-vtec i'd barely pull em1's and ep3(depending on driver, they use to pull after third)...now its a easy pull...

·
Registered
686 Posts
Good kills man, always happy to see 99-00 Si's go down along with EP3's too.

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
3-4 cars on the 99 si going into 3rd????? I understand why they call these stories.....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3-4 cars on the 99 si going into 3rd????? I understand why they call these stories.....
its not bs if thats wat your stating, i do own a 00si too with a little more bolt ons than the one i raced, but to get to the point, if a em1 does not launch and shift perfectly and stay in vtec the whole race, its not gonna beat many cars....i dont know how the drivers were, but they were pretty cocky and knew little bout car's, they didnt even know what a mini-me vtec is....but oh well its just my beater its slow...

but to all the other comments thanks, its a pretty big improvement from just the stock a6....

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
its not bs if thats wat your stating, i do own a 00si too with a little more bolt ons than the one i raced, but to get to the point, if a em1 does not launch and shift perfectly and stay in vtec the whole race, its not gonna beat many cars....i dont know how the drivers were, but they were pretty cocky and knew little bout car's, they didnt even know what a mini-me vtec is....but oh well its just my beater its slow...
Its when people add vtec to there cars they think their hot shit. Your most likey running somewhere around 118-125 hp and the si is running somewhere around 160-165hp with pretty much the same gearing. Yeah you might be lighter but pulling 3-4 cars going into 3rd.... come on. If they didn't know how to drive, then you should have put that. The other stories yeah I might be able to see.

jimmyb34 said:
they usually give up on me before 3rd lol.....
I'm sure you have more done than just a mini-me to.

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts