Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help! i cant figure out why this crx is reving out at 3500!! just put a sohc zc and did the dpfi to the mpfi wiring and now it is oly revving to 3500 and the ecu light is staying on?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cels? im not sure what that means but if you are talking about the ecu codes i cat get them. i have swapped the ecu out for a known good one and it does the same thing. im thinking its a ground problem but its been all day that i have been trying to figure this out and i cant get it. and i dont see why its popping off at 3500? ive only ever seen that whe the tps wires werent swapped? please help!!

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
3500 is limp mode, like i stated earlier. you have a CEL(check engine light) that is obviously serious enough that the ecu doesnt want the engine revving over 3500...probably due to the fact that it could cause major damage.

have you counted the blinks coming out of the top of the ecu case? do you even know how to check codes?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i know how to check the codes and that is what i am saying, it is staying on. which i think means faulty ecu. but i have used known good ones. ad the CEL is on. what major problems would cause it to be in limp mode

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think that is what the next step it. someone else wired it and then brought it here so we are working off there work... which is looking like a bunch of mistakes. we have the car running with the resistor box unplugged? ya time to pull it out and start it right this time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts