Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Civic hatch
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup all

Here's what happened, I installed a 6G EX transmission with a Stage 3 XTD clutch disc and a resurfaced flywheel. I reused my old pressure plate. I wanted to use the XTD pressure plate but it wouldn't fit on the flywheel for some reason. None of the holes would line up.

Anyways, we bled the line then turned it on, but it made a disgusting clunking sound very similar to a spun rod bearing. As soon as I let go of the clutch it would go away and it would only make a slight winding noise as if a belt was loose.

Also, it would go into gear and out of gear with no problem at all. But it wont spin the wheels. It did spin em for a cool minute and the MPH was working, but then it stopped.

Anyone wanna guess what it is?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
wrong clutch disk..and now its broken

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Something (flywheel/PP) didn't get torqued down properly? Throwout bearing shit out? Wrong combination of disc/flywheel/PP?

·
Registered
94 civic dx
688 Posts
I agree axles are not seated

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
axles arent in, and it ate the end of the axle off when u let off the clutch.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
did you take the tranny down after you heard the noise???????

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
I say axles, if not, you will find the problem on dissasembly. If you did it once you can do it again.

·
Registered
94 civic dx
688 Posts
He said the car won't move, hence the axles.
Unless he took the tranny apart for some reason and didn't reassemble it correctly.

·
Registered
94 civic dx
688 Posts
It's funny how important 10 bux is nowadays lol.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Clearly you failed to properly lubricate your phase inducer which caused it to go out of sync with our universe. To properly resolve this issue please refer to the owners manual of your phase inducer Article 83 subsection 3F.232a.

You're welcome.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
flywheel loose??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts