Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 hatch DX with stock tranny. this is the second time i snapped a brand new axle at the track from launch. Are there any axles that i could use that are strong enough to handle launching hard?

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
damn ive used stock axels up to 550whp and never had a problem with snapping. what are you running in there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a d15B1 block z6 head vtec. fidanza flywheel, exedy clutch grabs really hard, header other than that its all stock. second axle that was snapped. the track is grippy as hell and i drop the clutch low off the line and i had bad wheel hop. so i dropped it around 4000 rpms and it snapped right in half!!! DX tranny

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
get some driveshaft shop axles or some fidanza ones...maybe try tuning your car...and using the launch control feature??

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
hmm... well there are some companies out there that have axels and guarantee them up to 400+hp and so on and so forth. might wanna give that a shot or else just feather it off the line instead of dumping it.

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
launch control...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
too much clutch + driver error + wheelhop = destroyed axles and trannys.

I'd look into motor mounts and bushings for the link rod that goes from the LCA to the subframe.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
lay off the throttle, wheelhop will break more than just axles

get some ES motor mount inserts and ES strut rod bushings

1 - 9 of 9 Posts