Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive did some searchin, now i have a headache. im doin a d15b2 to b7 swap in my 91 hatch 4speed..i found a car with the b7 and i was thinkin about just swapin my dpfi onto the b7 but i changed my mind as i read about the 12hp increase with the mpfi so i was like :werd:..my questions are: CAN i use my stock wiring harness and used the ecu for the b7 and add in the wires and shyt for the mpfi?? and i also read somethin about a "resinator box" can someone explain to me what that is..but what else will i need off the car??ive been drivin myself nuts tryin to get all the info on this thing before i go get the motor...cuz once i get the motor, theres no goin back(hour and half drive with gas $3.20 a gallon=drive once)but anything else would be appreciated

G

·
0 Posts
Well you have a dpfi right now and you want to go mpfi??? If so well you need a injector resistor box and then do some re-wiring, and a new ecu for mpfi...I just got done with my setup just a few min ago...its a d15b1 block with a z6 vtec head it has 10.1compression and I used my old dpfi manifold for now....it was just plug and play, and the head was off of a 95 ex....they say this is one of the bets mini me setups besides the zc and vtec head.....
Oh hey and no you cant use your stock harness for the b7 engine...

·
Registered
741 Posts
http://www.gutterslide.com/fourthgenhatch_mirror/mpfi.html

what year is the b7 from?? I do not remember. Anyways, I can't remembe what ECU it comes with. Frankly, do the mpfi wiring...get the 91 Si Ecu, slap on the needed hardware and be done. I believe the B7 is Obd1, which means you'd have to dump money into a jumper harness from a place like Jkobd.com which is $110 shipped...frankly what you might want to do is pull your harness and just ship it a wiring service. Then follow exactly what they tell you to do, and no guess work! Plus, they do really great work!!

It's up to you. Best of luck

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well its out of a 95...i could get everything that i need off the car for a lil bit more $$...how hard is it to change the harness??i imagine its a bitch. cuz i figured if i got the ecu and harness, and the engine with the mpfi still on it it would be just a swap in swap out cuss all day kinda thing...but for that extra 12hp i think thats the way im gunna do..any more advise??

·
Registered
741 Posts
91HB-D15b2 said:
well its out of a 95...i could get everything that i need off the car for a lil bit more $$...how hard is it to change the harness??i imagine its a bitch. cuz i figured if i got the ecu and harness, and the engine with the mpfi still on it it would be just a swap in swap out cuss all day kinda thing...but for that extra 12hp i think thats the way im gunna do..any more advise??

You can't take the harness from a 95 and fully swap it out. Remember, all you really are doing is setting up wires for two extra injectors and then splittting the needed out put and input signals. When doing the MPFI swap, think of it like installing a sub-harness. If you do use the 95 ecu, you will need a jumperharness...and IF you do go that route, talk to the guy making it, see if they can piggy back out he wires you'd need for the swap, that way you don't need to butcher the O.E. harness.

PS...lil' drunk, so sorry if it doesn't make sense....or if my spelling is really bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts