Honda D Series Forum banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
806 Posts
God, I hope I don't detonate again, hence the reason for moving to E85 and real forged pistons. At moderate boost levels with my compression ratio on E85, this engine should be torque limited and not knock limited.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
806 Posts
As of right now, I only have data and not dyno time to make theoretical horse pressure assertions. At the boost level and injector duty cycle it is presently at, I should be well over 300 whp. It runs and feels like that. Honestly it feels quite a bit faster than the old mid 12 second car I used to own. Lots of torque, and the few race driver friends I have in the area are thoroughly impressed with it. Mostly because the power is so linear.
Can't wait to see this thing in person haha!

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
So I've got to throw this out there. After a recent foray into trying to sell something on Facebook Marketplace, I was inundated with the same stinkin response over an over again. I've got a mostly complete (just taken apart) B16a for sale on there and I keep getting offered trades. The most common one is an XBOX. I even put on the listing: I am a grown man, I do not want your XBOX. I've since been offered BMX bikes, a guitar amplifier (which was intriguing except the guy offered a junk amp), and other a-sundry doodads that are mostly worthless. Why do we do this? I'm not asking a huge price for the stuff, put on the listing I'd just like to sell it, yet the lowballers and idiots keep it going with the XBOX offers.

I miss the old days when we all knew if you made a ridiculous offer the other guy was going to tell you to F off because you were an idiot. It would seem idiocy is becoming the norm.

Also, I don't understand all of the trading of wheels on FB marketplace either. People saying: brand new wheels for trade only. I'm thinking they must be stolen. Why would you want to trade off wheels that you just spend full price on?

Apologies.

End Rant.

Reactions: EFB055

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
806 Posts
So I've got to throw this out there. After a recent foray into trying to sell something on Facebook Marketplace, I was inundated with the same stinkin response over an over again. I've got a mostly complete (just taken apart) B16a for sale on there and I keep getting offered trades. The most common one is an XBOX. I even put on the listing: I am a grown man, I do not want your XBOX. I've since been offered BMX bikes, a guitar amplifier (which was intriguing except the guy offered a junk amp), and other a-sundry doodads that are mostly worthless. Why do we do this? I'm not asking a huge price for the stuff, put on the listing I'd just like to sell it, yet the lowballers and idiots keep it going with the XBOX offers.

I miss the old days when we all knew if you made a ridiculous offer the other guy was going to tell you to F off because you were an idiot. It would seem idiocy is becoming the norm.

Also, I don't understand all of the trading of wheels on FB marketplace either. People saying: brand new wheels for trade only. I'm thinking they must be stolen. Why would you want to trade off wheels that you just spend full price on?

Apologies.

End Rant.
Lmao I feel your pain. I was selling a dirt bike once, and a dude offered me a llama.

Once he clarified it was a model of handgun, I started researching. Apparently it has a shitty reputation with Russian and Mexican mafia, so if it doesn't work for those guys it must be shit lol.

So yes, crap offers abound lol.

What version of B16A do you have? Gen 1 or Gen 2?

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
652 Posts

Apologies.

End Rant.
I just sold a bunch of furniture on there because i was moving house. I listed the bits and literally seconds later i would get "Is this available". I'd reply with "yes" and then never hear from them again. Out of the 20 odd replies i got, 18 of them were "is this available" followed by them smoke bombing. Second thing i tried to sell i put in the ad "If you're reading this ad, yes it's available". Didn't stop them.

Morons are the new norm.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I just sold a bunch of furniture on there because i was moving house. I listed the bits and literally seconds later i would get "Is this available". I'd reply with "yes" and then never hear from them again. Out of the 20 odd replies i got, 18 of them were "is this available" followed by them smoke bombing. Second thing i tried to sell i put in the ad "If you're reading this ad, yes it's available". Didn't stop them.

Morons are the new norm.
So I'm thinking these are bots on Facebook, or our various governments trying to see if we will report the money made on our taxes. Who knows, but I've also gotten many of the same, Is this still available questions.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Lmao I feel your pain. I was selling a dirt bike once, and a dude offered me a llama.

Once he clarified it was a model of handgun, I started researching. Apparently it has a shitty reputation with Russian and Mexican mafia, so if it doesn't work for those guys it must be shit lol.

So yes, crap offers abound lol.

What version of B16A do you have? Gen 1 or Gen 2?
A Llama!! hahaha, even if it is a handgun. Had me rolling. I've got pistons from both, and cams from both. Head is a PR3, so I'm thinking 99 Si on the head, and block is likely the same. If you know anyone that needs it let me know. I got a guy coming this weekend, but I'm thinking he might be a lowballer, or may show up with a dang XBOX under his arm lol.

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
806 Posts
You should put a sign up at your driveway that says "Trespassers will be shot, trespassers with Xbox's will be shot again."

Literally no one except for the folks who read your post here would really know what that meant haha.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
You should put a sign up at your driveway that says "Trespassers will be shot, trespassers with Xbox's will be shot again."

Literally no one except for the folks who read your post here would really know what that meant haha.

hahahahahaha, thats hilarious

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Finally broke down and bought a new set of wheels for it. One of the old ones had a small crack, and would leak down over time. Made it not fun to have to keep putting air in it. So I bought a very similar set of wheels. Gun metal instead of black. Same Drag DR-16 wheels, since a lot of you liked the look. Now, if I can ever find time to get them over to a tire shop to get them swapped out. Also went with McGard spline drive lugs. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
806 Posts
Finally broke down and bought a new set of wheels for it. One of the old ones had a small crack, and would leak down over time. Made it not fun to have to keep putting air in it. So I bought a very similar set of wheels. Gun metal instead of black. Same Drag DR-16 wheels, since a lot of you liked the look. Now, if I can ever find time to get them over to a tire shop to get them swapped out. Also went with McGard spline drive lugs. Thoughts?
Love it, will look awesome! Something about those style of wheel, they just fit most imports, especially late 80's cars!

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Got these off of Amazon. Sold as Kurami brand, but they are actually Michelin aluminum valve stems. Thoughts on these for the wheels I just got. I'm pretty sure they are made for wheels with TPMS, but they fit. Super light, and have a decent rubber seal. 8 valve stems for $14, seems like a good deal. I can link it if anyone else is interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
806 Posts
Got these off of Amazon. Sold as Kurami brand, but they are actually Michelin aluminum valve stems. Thoughts on these for the wheels I just got. I'm pretty sure they are made for wheels with TPMS, but they fit. Super light, and have a decent rubber seal. 8 valve stems for $14, seems like a good deal. I can link it if anyone else is interested.
Nice, some actual good looking high pressure valve stems!

When they are threaded bodies like that, they are most likely designed with high pressure wheel applications in mind, like big pickup/RV tires and rims, and tractor trailers, typically anything over 60PSI should get them. But they also work in low pressure situations just fine :) they will look sweet!

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
New wheels installed this morning. Had to make a parts store stop afterwards for some parts for my CRV, so figured I'd snag a pic. Thoughts?

Gun Metal (new) vs Black. The black ones have a leak problem on one, so I'll figure that out one night this week.

Attachments

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
So, I need to repaint the car. The paint the guy at PPG sold me wasn't that great and I'm going to sand and maybe even soda blast the car, and then repaint it. Thoughts are either to go with the actual blue pearl version of whats already on the car (shiny instead of satin), or to go with a very deep white paint job. Wondering what all of your thoughts are. I'm a sucker for black, but I don't know that my body work is good enough to stand up to a beautiful black paint job. I sprayed my Toyota 4x4 black a few years back and its held up pretty well. Any way, I had a white wagon once before and loved it. Love the blue as well. Thoughts?

Reactions: robgoof

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
What's an example of a deep white?

I like white.
similar to yours, or something with a pearl in it. Something with Depth, not just appliance white. Had a Prelude once that had a blue pearl tinted white paint job on it. White until the light hit it just right and it had a bluish look to it. Made it look great at night. Or I may just go with the new Ford Mustang Mach 1 Blue. It looks killer

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #100

81 - 100 of 104 Posts