Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this parked next to an older ladies barn about a year ago and bought it for $850. After a clutch, flywheel, rear main, headgasket, valve cover seals, and injector seals, I drove it for the first time in about three years. It runs like shit; drive able, but not great. Either a vacuum leak or misfire, not quite sure yet. But it made the journey to work today and it will hold speed without variance in the rpm's at all. Going to start with new plugs and go from there.

I have the front wheel centers for it, just haven't put them back on yet.

Also not going to get too attached as more than likely the engine is getting yanked to go in my third gen Civic at some point.

Attachments

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,915 Posts
Just a question, but did you drain out the old fuel? Ethanol fuel doesn't last for anything, so if you didn't drain it that would be the first place to look. Drain the tank. Then replace the fuel filter. As long as the fuel pump didn't get roached in the process you should be fine on that end. Sitting for long periods of time effects the the fuel system the most. Then the electronics. Any Check engine light on or blinks on the ECU light? In none, then fuel is the likely answer.

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a question, but did you drain out the old fuel? Ethanol fuel doesn't last for anything, so if you didn't drain it that would be the first place to look. Drain the tank. Then replace the fuel filter. As long as the fuel pump didn't get roached in the process you should be fine on that end. Sitting for long periods of time effects the the fuel system the most. Then the electronics. Any Check engine light on or blinks on the ECU light? In none, then fuel is the likely answer.
Yeah, old fuel is out. I put new fuel into it periodically for the last year when I would start it just to keep it lubed and running and it was below E when I filled up at the gas station. I did think about the fuel filter and fuel pump sock too though and they should probably be replaced anyway. I'm not throwing a CEL or any other dash light but jlicrx recommended I check the lights on the ECU so I'll do that tonight or tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,469 Posts
Had lots of fun blowing b18a1 motors up in those ls teggys back in the day, I think one holset and 1 socketed ecu getting passed around my high-school done 20 of them in in just a couple years, rofl.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had lots of fun blowing b18a1 motors up in those ls teggys back in the day, I think one holset and 1 socketed ecu getting passed around my high-school done 20 of them in in just a couple years, rofl.
D16A1 (y)

It'd be a shame to throw the car away, though, wouldn't it?
I've thought about that; it's a neat car and all, not very common, but it has a little bit of rear fender rust and would need a bit of love to make a 'nice' car, more than I want to show it. I won't scrap the shell, if someone wanted to buy it it's all theirs and I'll list it up for sale when the time comes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Buddy found these and is sending them to me, mine work fine but are all cracked and faded. I shouldn't be making this car nice 😂

The body looks great on it besides that minor rust, I reckon this would be the pick over a 3g civic. Nice car.
I would usually say yes, but the 3G Civic is going to be a full Gr.A replica build and I'm stoked for it. We'll see how attached I get to the Integra and maybe it'll stick around ... maybe.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well this didn't last long. This piece of shit is leaking from somewhere, either the tranny weep hole or between the transmission casing and bell housing. I'll be pissed if it's the weep hole because I JUST did the rear main and it was in there good. And I'll still be pissed if it's anything not easy because I'll hate it.

EDIT: Turns out it might be the axle seal, hopefully. Gonna' replace that and see if that helps at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts