1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Factory Blue 89 EF
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 89 Civic Hatchback
i'm a clean, stock, simple and done right type of person
i don't want something "cheezed" but i would like to have the ablility to use fog lights. tho i also want to keep the stock look of the 88-91 series hatchbacks

any ideas.
i want to stay as far away from cutting holes, or using a CRX bumper if possible.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Most people use 88-91 prelude fogs.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
If you want to stray from factory fogs, these are badass: PIAA

They fit just about anywhere, superior quality, wiring harness is per-assembled making install super easy, and they work really well. I used to sell them back in the day, everybody I got feedback from loved them. Not "cheap", but well worth the investment. I recommend the ion crystal fogs...they look and work really good.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,895 Posts
If you want to stray from factory fogs, these are badass: PIAA

They fit just about anywhere, superior quality, wiring harness is per-assembled making install super easy, and they work really well. I used to sell them back in the day, everybody I got feedback from loved them. Not "cheap", but well worth the investment. I recommend the ion crystal fogs...they look and work really good.
ive tried 2 sets of those and they sucked royal ass. I would never recommend them for anyone from my experience with them.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Sorry to hear that...although I stand by them. Not knock-offs, real PIAA's, they work well. For fogs though, where you want a wide short beam, these do a good job of putting light around the front of the car. I think the "driving" version is pretty much useless, they will "enhance" your headlights and that's about it, no real gains. The fogs do what they are supposed to do, well...

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,895 Posts
Sorry to hear that...although I stand by them. Not knock-offs, real PIAA's, they work well. For fogs though, where you want a wide short beam, these do a good job of putting light around the front of the car. I think the "driving" version is pretty much useless, they will "enhance" your headlights and that's about it, no real gains. The fogs do what they are supposed to do, well...
yea they were real piaa ones. although i did have a set of piaa lamps on my old dodge and loved them. i may just be too picky for the ones on my cars

·
Registered
Factory Blue 89 EF
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm, so your saying best bet to be 88-91
and i DO have to cut into the bumper ...

lol btw "mindless"
im slowling straying away from Carolina Hondas =P
not much to it =[

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
Unless you want it to look ghetto yes you do have to cut the bumper. Look for a set of 89-91 prelude fogs remove your bumper and there will be impressions that you will use to guide your cutting. Follow the lines but make them a little smaller than the lines in order to insure a tight fit for the fogs. Prelude fogs are the same shape as sir oem fogs just a Little smaller. You just have to get creative aith mounting brackets. I have them on my car have any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
Factory Blue 89 EF
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahh, yes i think your right. hah
i just might have to get a few pointers. i like your build.
comin along pretty crazy.
clean, not too ricey.
may hit the JY soon. hondas around where i live are pretty common in there XD

what color do u plan on painting ur hatch?

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks man I appreciate it. I have a few electrical problems at the moment but after thats fixed im gonna rattle can the front fenders just to get it one color while I save up for paint and body work. Its ecentually gonna be the oem color again.

·
Registered
Factory Blue 89 EF
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what's the original color.
i know there's a light blue, red and white.
not 100% sure on the color black.
then i know the CRX has the Canary Yellow in SI

lol, i'm having a hard time with the decision on color for mine.
it's the blue color factory ... just really want an off the wall, stand out, color.
favorite color is orange but i dont want to take away the originality of the car =/

·
Registered
Factory Blue 89 EF
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hrrrrmmmm, what am i looking for in the year of car. or is it in the same sense as the 88-91 civic where the body styles are all pretty much the same. i dont wana walk around a junk yard taking off bumpers to preludes XD

1 - 20 of 30 Posts